• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying an Axio x Limited 2007 vs Lancer ex GLS 2008

Metta

Dear Members.

My Budget is 3.5 tp 3.8 Mn and looking for Lancer ex Gls 2008 or Axio 2007 x limited.

I know this matter has been discussed many times, but need your inputs considering the current market situation.

Axio

Users who I met so far have not complained much on maintanance cost.  Even  the appearance is not that catchy the market price has been increased than a newer Lancer ex. 

Lancer ex

I have seen number of Lancers ( 2007-2008) having major issue with steering rack where the Uni** Motors replacement has cost Rs 250,000/- or more. And A/C compressor nearly at 100,000/-. These issues were experienced at 80,000-100,000 milage for many. Are these just running repairs ? Please let me know .

Thank you.

Dear Members.

My Budget is 3.5 tp 3.8 Mn and looking for Lancer ex Gls 2008 or Axio 2007 x limited.

I know this matter has been discussed many times, but need your inputs considering the current market situation.

Axio

Users who I met so far have not complained much on maintanance cost.  Even  the appearance is not that catchy the market price has been increased than a newer Lancer ex. 

Lancer ex

I have seen number of Lancers ( 2007-2008) having major issue with steering rack where the Uni** Motors replacement has cost Rs 250,000/- or more. And A/C compressor nearly at 100,000/-. These issues were experienced at 80,000-100,000 milage for many. Are these just running repairs ? Please let me know .

Thank you.

Dear Members.

Axio

Lancer ex

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum @Metta.

Did you search the forum before opening this thread? We have a thread identical to this and the two cars have been discussed and compared extensively already. 

By the way, please don't create duplicate threads. You have created two other threads with the exact title and content.

Edited by Davy

Dear Davy

I did go through the thread you have shared. It discuss about the brand new Lancer 2013 model. (Most probably to buy as new) and Axios just came to market. 

My situation is not the same. It 2017 now and  I am planning for Lancer/Axio made 9-10 years back. Which is not under any company warranty by now. Hope you understand me.

Further, there was some kind of  tech error at the time of submitting the post and hope end up with multiple posts. 

Thanks

55 minutes ago, Metta said:

Dear Davy

I did go through the thread you have shared. It discuss about the brand new Lancer 2013 model. (Most probably to buy as new) and Axios just came to market. 

My situation is not the same. It 2017 now and  I am planning for Lancer/Axio made 9-10 years back. Which is not under any company warranty by now. Hope you understand me.

Further, there was some kind of  tech error at the time of submitting the post and hope end up with multiple posts. 

Thanks

The 10th generation Lancer did not undergo any major changes during it's lifetime from 2008 to date. At least not in the models offered in Sri Lanka. So you are really not comparing different cars. I assume it's the same with the Axio. So the discussion in that thread can be continued to match the current day situation.

Imagine the situation if 100 members want to compare these two cars. There will be 100 redundant threads on the forum. We like to keep things organised here, so members are always encouraged to find existing threads and post in them if they are comparing identical vehicles or if the information they're seeking is the same.

This particular thread I've shared is not the only thread discussing the Lancer EX or the Axio. There are several other threads that discuss each car on their own, so read up. As a matter of fact, the two of the issues you have highlighted are already discussed in their individual threads:

As an owner of the 10th generation Lancer that has 126,000 km on the clock right now, I can say that if the car has been maintained properly, none of these issues will bother you. The rattling issue in the first thread above is because the owner drove the car in really bad roads and ignored the rattling sound when the issue initially popped up.

I'm not sure about the EPS issue, but most Lancer EXs came with hydraulic power steering according to my knowledge and I haven't heard of any of them giving trouble since they are pretty straightforward systems. None of these issues are running repairs, they are totally based on how the car was used and maintained. The ABS issue was there on the initial versions of the car, but was later rectified and even the agent repaired it FOC on the ones that had it.

Please read up!

I didn't bother searching for Axio threads, but I'm pretty sure you will find more than enough information on that as well. 

• Like 1

AFAIK the said steering rack problem of the Lancer EX is only seen in Lancer EXs which came with EPS. You can identify them from their engine code, 4A91. Check the reg number from DMT website and you'll see what the engine code is. Lancers with 4A92 engines were equipped with HPS systems.

AC compressor problem is related to AXIO (and premio) not the Lancer. Something to do with clutch-less compressors or whatever. They have to work extensively in hot climate and fail prematurely.

You really should check out the BRATT thread, it's like the Lancer EX bible here. Like Davy said there are not many differences between 2008 Lancer EX and a 2014 Lancer EX

P.S. And keep in mind, some 2007 Lancer EXs had two factory faults - ABS Sensor acting up and carbon deposits in throttle body. Both faults were corrected by the Agent FOC. 

Edited by Jor-el