Question

Hi I am interested in buying a Suzuki wagon R. but I am confused with the best model to go for. can any one explain me the best option to go. what is the difference between stingray model and normal limited edition version 2016 ect.

will this car can travel in hill country considering the capacity of the engine..

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

  • 0

That review is a one of the best of it's kind.:) Actually in my opinion, Stingray does have some of the valuable options than the normal FZ variant. But the appearance of the stingray is not that premium against the other grades of the vehicle. I personally like the appearance of the FZ, or FX Limited variant than the Stingray. As far as I know all the new wagonRs are equipped with S ene Charge hybrid system. Avoid the cars which only have ene-charge hybrid system, which was used only in old models. S-ene Charge hybrid system is more fuel economical and powerful than the normal ene-hybrid vehicles, You can identify it by a badge mentioning on the rear door of the vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have driven the 2016 Wagon R Stingray J Style a lot; around colombo,colombo to kegalle,kandy to kegalle,around kegalle.So I think I had experienced every kind of road situations.So I'll sort out the pros and cons.

Pros

-Fuel Economy(extremely economical.does around 16kmpl in colombo in traffic.during heavy traffic may go down to 13-14.outstation 20+ can be achieved easily)

-Interior space(impressive for a car of that size.lots of storage spaces.good legroom and headroom)

-options(again impressive for the car of that price range.adjustable rear seats.pre collision safety etc...)

-comfort is also not bad.but not good.but again for the price you pay it's good.

Cons

-This stands above all the pros.Acceleration😪😪😪.extremely lazy engine.even the S mode doesn't make much of a difference.Below 4000rpm the car is like almost dead.There is a bit of torque below 2000rpm which helps during acceleration from a standstill,but suddenly it dissapears.To get some good acceleration you need to rev up the engine at least over 4000rpm,then it moves a bit.Also the engine is easy to rev.If you plan to use it in a hilly area forget about it.It does climb.But feels like it takes the whole day to do the climb.

So be careful about your decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Cons

-This stands above all the pros.Acceleration😪😪😪.extremely lazy engine.even the S mode doesn't make much of a difference.Below 4000rpm the car is like almost dead.There is a bit of torque below 2000rpm which helps during acceleration from a standstill,but suddenly it dissapears.To get some good acceleration you need to rev up the engine at least over 4000rpm,then it moves a bit.Also the engine is easy to rev.If you plan to use it in a hilly area forget about it.It does climb.But feels like it takes the whole day to do the climb.

So be careful about your decision.

Pretty common with all kei cars...the turbo variants of the kei cars have a bit more of a wider torque band. So yeah...they zip off the line quite quick (even faster than my 4a-ge) and then you just have to hammer the $&$% out of it to keep it going at a decent speed. Considering these are city cars they work well in Japan. Its just that in SL we expect it to be more of an all-rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/21/2017 at 4:30 PM, iRage said:

Pretty common with all kei cars...the turbo variants of the kei cars have a bit more of a wider torque band. So yeah...they zip off the line quite quick (even faster than my 4a-ge) and then you just have to hammer the $&$% out of it to keep it going at a decent speed. Considering these are city cars they work well in Japan. Its just that in SL we expect it to be more of an all-rounder.

Yup.For daily colombo running you can't beat the Wagon R for the price.But it's the fact that it is faster than the 4a-ge I can't agree with.Has a little bit of oomph but.....I dunno.Anyway I've heard that the 4a-ge is a bit slower off the line.I've never driven one.But I've heard.Is it true??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Yup.For daily colombo running you can't beat the Wagon R for the price.But it's the fact that it is faster than the 4a-ge I can't agree with.Has a little bit of oomph but.....I dunno.Anyway I've heard that the 4a-ge is a bit slower off the line.I've never driven one.But I've heard.Is it true??

From a stand still (like at traffic lights) kei cars always have pulled out quicker but it doesn't last for long. So from 0 to about 30ish (or 40ish) kmph they do get there faster, but then it just starts fading away (which is something that I hate about having to be stuck behind kei cars at traffic lights)

Yes...a stock 4a-ge is quite average at low RPMs and starts getting lively at 2500-3000 rpms upwards. Which probably explains why a kei car would do better off the mark (because all the little teaspoon full of HP and torque it has is geared/tuned to be put out at lower revs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now