• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car to sell after using 1 year

Seth

Question

Folks,

I'm looking to buy a car and sell it after 1.5 years. Can you please provide few suggestions?

These are my requirements:

Budget: 2.5M to 3.5M

Makes: Toyota, Nissan, Honda

Cheers,

Seth

Edited by Seth

12 minutes ago, Seth said:

Allright.. Any suggestions on toyota models fit in to my budget? Sorry for these questions. I was away from country for past 7 years and no idea about current car market. All I know is vehicle prices are insanely high!

It seems like your only requirement is to travel around in reasonable comfort so you could go for a Yaris 2007-2008 if you want a sedan, or a Vitz/IST 2008 if you prefer a hatch

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Buy none other than a Toyota :)

Allright.. Any suggestions on toyota models fit in to my budget? Sorry for these questions. I was away from country for past 7 years and no idea about current car market. All I know is vehicle prices are insanely high!

On 3/26/2017 at 11:19 AM, Jor-el said:

It seems like your only requirement is to travel around in reasonable comfort so you could go for a Yaris 2007-2008 if you want a sedan, or a Vitz/IST 2008 if you prefer a hatch

A 1.3 Vitz would be ideal but they're hard to find 

44 minutes ago, Seth said:

Thanks!

Got to know that insurance companies are not covering accidents of vehicles older than 5 years. Is that correct?

of course not. There is a deduction if your car is over 5 years old that's all. I'm not sure of the exact numbers maybe someone can clarify. 

Edited by matroska

3 hours ago, ShintaroX said:

AFAIK the insurance companies won't let you replace parts with brand new spares.  You'll have to go reconditioned or pay the 'difference'.

If it's painting, dent repair they still pay the full depending on your reputation and estimate approval. 

5 hours ago, ShintaroX said:

AFAIK the insurance companies won't let you replace parts with brand new spares.  You'll have to go reconditioned or pay the 'difference'.

Is this something new ? I keep hearing this since of recent days. My dad's CR-V (two actually) got parts replaced by insurance with brand new parts from the agents and both were older than 5 years at the time they got fixed.

23 minutes ago, iRage said:

Is this something new ? I keep hearing this since of recent days. My dad's CR-V (two actually) got parts replaced by insurance with brand new parts from the agents and both were older than 5 years at the time they got fixed.

What's the insurance company?

On 3/27/2017 at 3:13 PM, matroska said:

of course not. There is a deduction if your car is over 5 years old that's all. I'm not sure of the exact numbers maybe someone can clarify. 

20 hours ago, ShintaroX said:

14 hours ago, iRage said:

There's no such thing mentioned on my CV*P insurance policy fine print so guess all insurance companies doesn't deduct compensation based on car's age.

5 hours ago, Jor-el said:

There's no such thing mentioned on my CV*P insurance policy fine print so guess all insurance companies doesn't deduct compensation based on car's age.

Not sure about Sri Lanka...but in other countries it is a matter of what your coverage limits are as well. If the brand new parts cost more than what your limits are then obviously people are advised to go for the used parts, especially in regards to body components. Also, it might be a matter of practicality...is some cases the brand new parts of older cars are not available and even if they are they cost a lot lot more than the same part of a newer car rendering them impractical.