• 0
san1985

Best sedan below 2.8 Million

Question

Hi,

I’m planning to buy a car and would really appreciate you all experts advice. I have been using a Toyota Levin and need an upgrade now.

My requirements will be as follows.

 

Budget : 2.8 Mn

Body type : Sedan

Transmission: Manual/ Tiptronic  (Manual is preferred though)

Engine capacity :1,500 prefferd

Fuel efficiency (Very important) : Good/decent (City 10-11 Km/l; Outstation 14-15 Km/l)  

Resale value : Good if it is there. But not much of a concern right now.

Brand : Not much of a concern as far as above criterias are met (excluding Indian)

 

I was really fascinated with Mazda Axela. However the ones available for sale are somewhat abused and was not in grate shape (at least what I came across until now). So in that case I would like to expand my options and keep it bit open.

Really value all your thoughts relevant to above criterias.

Thanks in advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

  • 0

what about European cars,I see many good condition ones going for that range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, vag2 said:

what about European cars,I see many good condition ones going for that range.

Appreciate if you could please be little more specific and come up with a brand and a specific model that meets my requirements.

Thanks

Edited by san1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I would love to get an Axela, but with my budget is seems difficult to find a one in 'good condition'. Any way I have not given up hope yet and looking for ur help for more options. :)

What do you think about this car guys?

https://www.google.lk/search?q=Fiat+Linea+2012&oq=Fiat+Linea+2012&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I do not have any idea and can not find any info on the AL as well. Its coming with a Diesel, 1300cc Inter cooler Turbo Engine.  Getting sold for 2.4 M in I***n.lk. 

Please shed some light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Haven't driven one to actually give a review but this engine is one of the best. Very economical & a joy to drive. Its actually transplanted into the diesel maruti suzuki swift which is considered the best selling diesel hatchback in India. The only issue I've heard is that reliability of certain parts are lacking. From experience I can say maintaining a fiat is not for the faint hearted. Maybe a reason why these cars have lost so much value here. But then again given the above price I'd say it's worth the money when comparing the features with some of the sedans available at that price. Just make sure you find a good specimen & keep some spare budget for any repairs that may crop up. If you travel to india or know someone who does, maintenance wouldn't cost much. (g*ogle 99rpm*)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/31/2017 at 1:02 PM, NeroX said:

Haven't driven one to actually give a review but this engine is one of the best. Very economical & a joy to drive. Its actually transplanted into the diesel maruti suzuki swift which is considered the best selling diesel hatchback in India. The only issue I've heard is that reliability of certain parts are lacking. From experience I can say maintaining a fiat is not for the faint hearted. Maybe a reason why these cars have lost so much value here. But then again given the above price I'd say it's worth the money when comparing the features with some of the sedans available at that price. Just make sure you find a good specimen & keep some spare budget for any repairs that may crop up. If you travel to india or know someone who does, maintenance wouldn't cost much. (g*ogle 99rpm*)

Thanks for responding buddy. Yeah it looks really good, but still can not make up my mind to go with this.

My money is still on a Mazda Axela, but really hard to find a one in good one with my budget.

These days I am eyeing on the CS1 as well considering its manufacture year compared to others (2007/2008). However only worry is about the pulling power, it being a 1300 cc :(

Guys you are most welcome to comment on a good ride that meets my requirements.

Thanks again

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/29/2017 at 3:39 PM, san1985 said:

I would love to get an Axela, but with my budget is seems difficult to find a one in 'good condition'. Any way I have not given up hope yet and looking for ur help for more options. :)

What do you think about this car guys?

https://www.google.lk/search?q=Fiat+Linea+2012&oq=Fiat+Linea+2012&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I do not have any idea and can not find any info on the AL as well. Its coming with a Diesel, 1300cc Inter cooler Turbo Engine.  Getting sold for 2.4 M in I***n.lk. 

Please shed some light.

I have experience with the Linea, overall its quite decent for the price. Petrol does around 10-11, I have no idea about the diesel. Only came in manual. It's basically the same platform as the punto and the ride is quite good. Suspension is a bit stiff and has a euro feel to it. However it's built in India and interior build quality is not great. Center console Silver tends to fade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, The Stig said:

I have experience with the Linea, overall its quite decent for the price. Petrol does around 10-11, I have no idea about the diesel. Only came in manual. It's basically the same platform as the punto and the ride is quite good. Suspension is a bit stiff and has a euro feel to it. However it's built in India and interior build quality is not great. Center console Silver tends to fade. 

Yeah it seems good. However got mixed opinion on this one and gave up on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/27/2017 at 6:36 AM, san1985 said:

Hi,

I’m planning to buy a car and would really appreciate you all experts advice. I have been using a Toyota Levin and need an upgrade now.

My requirements will be as follows.

 

Budget : 2.8 Mn

Body type : Sedan

Transmission: Manual/ Tiptronic  (Manual is preferred though)

Engine capacity :1,500 prefferd

Fuel efficiency (Very important) : Good/decent (City 10-11 Km/l; Outstation 14-15 Km/l)  

Resale value : Good if it is there. But not much of a concern right now.

Brand : Not much of a concern as far as above criterias are met (excluding Indian)

 

I was really fascinated with Mazda Axela. However the ones available for sale are somewhat abused and was not in grate shape (at least what I came across until now). So in that case I would like to expand my options and keep it bit open.

Really value all your thoughts relevant to above criterias.

Thanks in advance

 

I think still you can go for Corolla 121 which is a decent car and come with toyota reliability. How about that?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, john cooper said:

I think still you can go for Corolla 121 which is a decent car and come with toyota reliability. How about that?

Tobe frank that was the first option on my list considering the fuel economy, decent look and the remarkable resale value.

However supprisingly its difficult to find a good condition 121 below 2.8 mil as they are ridiculously over priced unless its a 1.3 CC.

And I dont feels like to pay anything more than that to a 2002 YOM vehicle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A 121 would be the best option IF there were carefully used ones available without over inflated prices. Most of them available are used like bullock carts by thel hingannas with minimum attention to problems and routine maintenance. 

For a budget of 2.8mil, a better option would be to find a Honda Civic ES model providing it comes with agent maintenance records, or a Mazda 3/Axella if it can be found with proper maintenance records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now