C Perera

How to remove Concrete Dots on the Car

4 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

Several Concrete dots on my Car (Axio Corolla). Please advice how to remove those. Someone said have to do a cut and polish. Is that the only possible method ?

Cut and polish to remove cement dots? I thought hardness of cured Portland cement is greater than that of auto paint. Instead use a little vinegar or fresh lemon juice on the stains for a few minutes (time depends on thickness of the dots)  to soften them and then wash off immediately. 

Mix 50/50 water with white vinegar, and using a spray bottle, spray that  mixture on those spots and let them "soak."  Then rinse with water and  repeat as necessary. If the mix of 50/50 water/vinegar mix does not work, use the distilled  vinegar pure strenght on the concrete spots.  Saturate a clean kitchen  sponge with pure vinegar and hold the sponge over the concrete spots for  a few minutes.  The acid in the vinegar will help etch and dissolve the  concrete.  Rinse the area with water after the vinegar and then reapply wax or sealant to that area.

Source : 

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-remove-cement-water-stains-from-a-car

2 people like this

On 4/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, Nishan.dj said:

Mix 50/50 water with white vinegar, and using a spray bottle, spray that  mixture on those spots and let them "soak."  Then rinse with water and  repeat as necessary. If the mix of 50/50 water/vinegar mix does not work, use the distilled  vinegar pure strenght on the concrete spots.  Saturate a clean kitchen  sponge with pure vinegar and hold the sponge over the concrete spots for  a few minutes.  The acid in the vinegar will help etch and dissolve the  concrete.  Rinse the area with water after the vinegar and then reapply wax or sealant to that area.

Source : 

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-remove-cement-water-stains-from-a-car

Are there any possibility to damage or burn the paint using vinegar ?