Sampath Gunasekera

My New Ride : Mistubishi Lancer CS1 GLX (A/T) YOM 2007

38 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, trinity said:

I too wanted those visors but failed to find Originals, So I gave up the idea. This doesn't mean that the originals are hard to find, just that i didn't look hard enough as this was floating at the bottom area of my priority list for the car. Suggest checking up with recon part dealers. If you find any let me know as well.

Are these the same as the ones an Evo of the same generation (CT9A/CT9W?)?

If so I see them pop up on Yahoo Auctions every now and then

I think u should change the lights to HID LEDs.I changed mine,and it was extremely better than the stock halogens.

You should be able to find the body colour code on the metal info plate attached to the firewall in the engine bay.

Agree with @trinity on painting the door frames satin black. I didn't notice that, and a bit surprised they're not painted black from the factory as I distinctly remember seeing colour codes for them in the workshop manuals.

13 hours ago, iRage said:

Are these the same as the ones an Evo of the same generation (CT9A/CT9W?)?

If so I see them pop up on Yahoo Auctions every now and then

Yes, they're a direct fit.

13 hours ago, trinity said:

Thats a great idea. We'll work something out. Its high time we all (The mitsu fraternity) meet. Lets work something out.

Onna oka ne ithin... :( I'll remotely join on Skype or something. :)

Edited by Davy

15 minutes ago, Davy said:

You should be able to find the body colour code on the metal info plate attached to the firewall in the engine bay.

Agree with @trinity on painting the door frames satin black. I didn't notice that, and a bit surprised they're not painted black from the factory as I distinctly remember seeing colour codes for them in the workshop manuals.

Yes, they're a direct fit.

Onna oka ne ithin... :( I'll remotely join on Skype or something. :)

@Davy let's have one in MEL B)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MADZ said:

@Davy let's have one in MEL ;-)

Yay! :) If we can, I'm all in! I'll send you a PM to discuss possibilities. 

1 person likes this

Today I had a ride in one of my friends Lancer CS1.1.3 manual.Have to say,the ride is so far one of the best japs I've been.Comfortable than a premio.Guaranteed.The car that I had a ride is an army owned one,done over 200k kms,even rusted but the ride is so soft.Less body roll.Is on CE#T tires.

2 hours ago, DhoRK said:

Today I had a ride in one of my friends Lancer CS1.1.3 manual.Have to say,the ride is so far one of the best japs I've been.Comfortable than a premio.Guaranteed.The car that I had a ride is an army owned one,done over 200k kms,even rusted but the ride is so soft.Less body roll.Is on CE#T tires.

Compared to the CS series the EX is less comfortable - you really "feel" the road imperfections.

Stiffer suspension perhaps?

Today I received relevant sales brochure of my car (2nd face lift) from kind gentleman of UM on my request.

20170519_220309.thumb.jpg.1b81674d4e116405da62139b0af6d3f9.jpg

Pre face-lift, 1st face-lift and 2nd face-lift catalogs are appear as follows. (Pre face-lift copy gifted to member Trinity)

lancer.thumb.jpg.d056db7ab5898bd2a35d8a66833db1b1.jpg

Deleted and bump to next post.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

On 5/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, Davy said:

The brand new CS Lancer came in two trims (I'm saying this for the millionth time on the forum now). GL and GLX where GLX is the full option one which has dual airbags and all the other bells and whistles like a 6CD changer, ABS, fog lamps etc. Sampath's car is a GLX, so it has all of the options. Search the forum and you can find more information.

Further to the Davy's explain on trim levels, let me add more detail. (Considering 1st face-lift version & 2nd face-lift version)

Trim levels offered to Sri Lankan market are GL & GLX.  (1600GLX / 1300GLX / 1300GL)

GLX is the highest. GLX has package options like Alloy wheels, Front Fog Lamps etc. (I have seen GLX units without Fog Lamps/ Alloy wheels / 6CD player)

GLX has 3 different package option categories :–

(1)    Luxury Gray Package

(2)    Elegance Beige Package

(3)    Sports Exterior Package

However detailed chart shows Fog lamps , 6 CD player can add as options for even GL trim level. But I see , when considering brand new imports, all additional options added to only GLX and might be it was the way Unit#d Mot#rs offered the trim levels to Sri Lankan market.

(All detailed based on sales brochures/catalogs issued by Unit#d Mot#rs only)

20170519_220353.thumb.jpg.a18eacf03a2ea77beb221bfb71a5bc17.jpg

20170519_220710.thumb.jpg.9dd9dafb67dc3d3d7bd5efa40a80c332.jpg

20170519_220556.thumb.jpg.b0bd546148a28af89566f7e1171f59ab.jpg

20170519_220831.thumb.jpg.6fc5caf45794dc7d89a68c12a23fba68.jpg

CONGRATS ON THE NU TOY BRO, !

Couldn't help notice the heater is slightly on.Turn it all the way dowm and let the a/c do it's job.:)

Cheers,..

TT.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

CONGRATS ON THE NU TOY BRO, !

Couldn't help notice the heater is slightly on.Turn it all the way dowm and let the a/c do it's job.:)

Cheers,..

TT.

Only if you wanna freeze to death inside the car.. 😜 

Heater at the coldest setting is ok during day time, but in the evening and early morning it's gonna be notoriously cold as these cars are having one hell of a cooling system.. 😊

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, trinity said:

Only if you wanna freeze to death inside the car.. 😜 

Heater at the coldest setting is ok during day time, but in the evening and early morning it's gonna be notoriously cold as these cars are having one hell of a cooling system.. 😊

Trinity, you understood my difficulty. :D