• 0
Rajika

Vios or G10 Nissan bluebird or Honda Fit Aria

Question

Hi guys

im looking to get new car and bellow are the shortlisted cars I found for my budget

Toyota  vios 2003

Nissan G10 bluebird 2003

Honda fit aria 2003

 

im looking for relaible car. How is maintenance of above cars and how is the fuel consumption.

what will be the best choice 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

  • 1
Just now, Rajika said:

Thats not what i mean.

In the spare parts market, there are different prices for each brand and model.

you can not buy BMW head light for the same price as Maruti head light.

Oh man.... you miss the point again...

There are two factors you need to consider when you are maintaining a car. 1. price of spares 2. frequency of breakdown. You are only looking at the first factor here, without thinking of the second one.

If you buy an old BMW that has been very well maintained, you will end up spending less for overall maintenance of the car  compared to buying a maruti, which is poorly maintained.

Think of it this way. You have two girls as options. One girl wears cheap clothes but is a party animal. wants to go clubbing every night. The second one wears only branded clothes but goes out once in a while to enjoy. Your assumption is that the first one is 'low maintenance' cos her clothes are cheap...

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Rajika said:

Hi guys

im looking to get new car and bellow are the shortlisted cars I found for my budget

Toyota  vios 2003

Nissan G10 bluebird 2003

Honda fit aria 2003

 

im looking for relaible car. How is maintenance of above cars and how is the fuel consumption.

what will be the best choice 

 

Thanks

Look... nobody can say what is the 'best choice' out of the three.. it is your choice. This is same as pointing at three girls and asking us whom you should marry.

We can tell you this.

  • Vios and Fit Aria will be better than the Sylphy when it comes to fuel economy
  • Sylphy will be better when it comes to comfort
  • Parts availability for all three will be more or less the same
  • Build quality will be better in the Sylphy (Made in Japan) compared to Fit Aria and Vios (both made in Thailand)
  • Reliability of an old car will depend on how it has been maintained in the past. A well maintained Peugeot will be more reliable than an improperly maintained Axio

You need to weigh the factors that are important to you and decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank you for the info.

as you say both Aria and Vios is not from Japan. is there a noticible difference in built quality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, Rajika said:

Hi guys

im looking to get new car and bellow are the shortlisted cars I found for my budget

Toyota  vios 2003

Nissan G10 bluebird 2003

Honda fit aria 2003

 

im looking for relaible car. How is maintenance of above cars and how is the fuel consumption.

what will be the best choice 

 

Thanks

Here's a suggestion why don't you keep an open mind and hunt for specimens of all 3. You'll see which one's are well maintained or not. When buying an oldish car (14 years) it's important to look for a well maintained one than a hacked POS with parts rattling and dodgy paint jobs  and a tampered ODO.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Rajika said:

Thank you for the info.

as you say both Aria and Vios is not from Japan. is there a noticible difference in built quality?

It depends - for the average buyer it won't seem like a big difference. But if you look at all 3 cars in a single day you'll feel the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, matroska said:

It depends - for the average buyer it won't seem like a big difference. But if you look at all 3 cars in a single day you'll feel the difference.

absolutely. even bluebird g10 comes with luxury look interior. 

how about the maintain cost of this 3 cars ? i heard that Honda is much expensive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Rajika said:

absolutely. even bluebird g10 comes with luxury look interior. 

how about the maintain cost of this 3 cars ? i heard that Honda is much expensive?

Why don't you understand what we are trying to say.

If you buy an old car which was not maintained properly, you WILL end up spending a lot for maintaining it. Irrespective of whether it is a Toyota or a Honda or a Ferrari or a Maruti

If you buy an old car which has been maintained with proper service history and ownership history, you will spend less (if you maintain it properly for the time you use it). This is also irrespective of whether it is a Toyota or a Honda or a Ferrari or a Maruti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Crosswind said:

Why don't you understand what we are trying to say.

If you buy an old car which was not maintained properly, you WILL end up spending a lot for maintaining it. Irrespective of whether it is a Toyota or a Honda or a Ferrari or a Maruti

If you buy an old car which has been maintained with proper service history and ownership history, you will spend less (if you maintain it properly for the time you use it). This is also irrespective of whether it is a Toyota or a Honda or a Ferrari or a Maruti.

Thats not what i mean.

In the spare parts market, there are different prices for each brand and model.

you can not buy BMW head light for the same price as Maruti head light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Oh man.... you miss the point again...

There are two factors you need to consider when you are maintaining a car. 1. price of spares 2. frequency of breakdown. You are only looking at the first factor here, without thinking of the second one.

If you buy an old BMW that has been very well maintained, you will end up spending less for overall maintenance of the car  compared to buying a maruti, which is poorly maintained.

Think of it this way. You have two girls as options. One girl wears cheap clothes but is a party animal. wants to go clubbing every night. The second one wears only branded clothes but goes out once in a while to enjoy. Your assumption is that the first one is 'low maintenance' cos her clothes are cheap...

Couldn't have said it any better..what a cleaver way to explain it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

 

Think of it this way. You have two girls as options. One girl wears cheap clothes but is a party animal. wants to go clubbing every night. The second one wears only branded clothes but goes out once in a while to enjoy. Your assumption is that the first one is 'low maintenance' cos her clothes are cheap...

Just WOW! 

CLqS6OnWcAA8FzT.png

 

PS - are you by any chance a teacher/instructor or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/17/2017 at 6:38 PM, Crosswind said:
  • Build quality will be better in the Sylphy (Made in Japan) compared to Fit Aria and Vios (both made in Thailand)

 

No, Fit Aria made in Japan, but Honda City made in Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/18/2017 at 11:04 AM, Rajika said:

Thats not what i mean.

In the spare parts market, there are different prices for each brand and model.

you can not buy BMW head light for the same price as Maruti head light.

1pblw2.jpg

 

 

Edited by The Stig
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, waka said:

No, Fit Aria made in Japan, but Honda City made in Thailand.

NO. Fit Aria is NOT made in Japan. It's made in Thailand and exported to Japan as the JDM version. Same as some double cabs, vans and small cars.

(The country of origin on CR is not the country where the vehicle is made. It's the country where the vehicle is shipped out of.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now