• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

gear problem

Beloved1

Question

Hello, please I need your help. I am using Nissan cefiro A33, recently I observed that when driving the gear is running smooth but when I applied break there is drawback with sound when the gear is returning back. But during pick up time the gear is smooth. Please advice me on what to do. Thanks

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Beloved1 said:

Millage is 115200 and it was 2 weeks ago I change the ATF 

Hope it was a proper ATF change where the oil pan was removed, cleaned and filter replaced instead of just draining and refilling with new oil. If it was not, I suggest doing it properly.

If you're sure the oil change was done properly, then the symptoms suggest that it could be due to issues with one or more of the solenoids or the valve body itself. A thorough test and clean up of the valve body might reveal the issue. Take the car to a good automatic transmission mechanic and get them to have a look.

Did you get a "check engine" light at any point? If you did, get a diagnosis done to retrieve the code and that will tell you where the issue is. Failing solenoids should cause the check engine light to light up. 

21 hours ago, Beloved1 said:

Hello, please I need your help. I am using Nissan cefiro A33, recently I observed that when driving the gear is running smooth but when I applied break there is drawback with sound when the gear is returning back. But during pick up time the gear is smooth. Please advice me on what to do. Thanks

adding to what Davy mentioned, do you feel any raise in RPM ? like it revs alot to change gears or something ? unusual behavior ? or is it just the "back with sound when the gear is returning back" ??

5 minutes ago, Beloved1 said:

Thanks guys, just coming from auto gear box shop and the detected that it was the gearbox and engine seating wear out and after change, the gear is running smoothly now. Thanks again for all ur help.

That's great news. much appreciated if you could share the details of the shop and the cost for future reference for someone else :) 

23 minutes ago, Beloved1 said:

Thanks guys, just coming from auto gear box shop and the detected that it was the gearbox and engine seating wear out and after change, the gear is running smoothly now. Thanks again for all ur help.

Glad you got it sorted. 

By "gearbox and engine seating wear out", do you mean they replaced the clutch pack(s)?

2 hours ago, Beloved1 said:

I mean the gearbox and the engine seating was not good and I have them replace with new once 

Oh right. Bad engine and gearbox mounts. :)

I have a Proton Gen 2 made in 2005. The car has been driving well until recently. About 2 months ago I had an issue with the alternator so I had to replace it. Now, for over a month I feel a problem while driving the car. The gear transition is not smooth. The car sometimes doesn't respond to the throttle as it used to. What could be the issue (I doubt it is a gear box issue). Any advice would be considered.

I have a Proton Gen 2 made in 2005. The car has been driving well until recently. About 2 months ago I had an issue with the alternator so I had to replace it. Now, for over a month I feel a problem while driving the car. The gear transition is not smooth. The car sometimes doesn't respond to the throttle as it used to. What could be the issue (I doubt it is a gear box issue). Any advice would be considered.

When was the last time you changed Atf?
A weak or malfunctioning tps could cause the symptoms you are describing.

I think the first thing you should do is to get the car scanned without wondering in the dark. Specifically look for throttle position voltage at idle and throttle position % for the readings.