Question

Hi, 

I have a plan  to buy a nissan sylphy g11. I kno nothing  about  this vehicle. Need to kno about , fuel economy , reliability, availability of spairs ,cost of spairs and all other pros and cons related  to the vehicle.please  share  your experiences. Thanks .

6 answers to this question

it will to around  11 - 14 kmpl mayb less  

A g11 will do 11-14?
Maybe downhill with the engine off

I have been in one. It's a very comfy car. Does around 7-8 KMPL in Colombo. out around 12 KMPL.

Edited by hrm

This thread has been discussed last year.

By the way G11 is same as nze 260 Allion/Premio but more comfortable. more spacious and more reliable than NZE 260. Please don't rely on toyotaholics kmpl figures, according to them NZE260 does 14kmpl+ (under toyota vios thread, when vios was selling like hot cakes everyone said car does 12kmpl but now its dropped to 8kmpl). However G11 does 8-9kmpl in city and 12-13kmpl outstation. Hope this figure is pretty much ok for a non hybrid 1500cc sedan.

No need to bother about the availability of spare parts because until 2012, G11 was in Nissan jap production line and all y12s, ad-wagons and tiidas came with same engine and suspension components (most of the parts are same)and still y12 and ad-wagon are in japan Nissan production line.  

There are several problems related to g11, 

1. Dashboard Leather skin melting down like axio -  leather skin can be replaced for rs 15,000- 20,000

2 Ignition coil failure -  solved cars manufactured after 2008

3. Suspension bushes can be easily get cracked due to SL poor road - replacement bushes are available in panchikawatta for cheap money. 

I'm using a 1.5 G11 for about 3 years now. Comfortable, spacious and a great car to drive. Boot space, and leg space for back seat passengers are best in its class. Both front and rear seats are comfortable.

Fuel Economy ( Can increase the figures if you drive carefully. :) )

• City - 9.5
  • Outstation - 12.5

Common Issues

• Dashboard is melting down

I had to replace some suspension parts, AC service in about 100,000 kms. Other than that nothing. I do most of the repairs from agents which is bit costly than other places. Parts are easily available.

WHAT ABT RE-SALE VALUE?

Edited by Twin Turbo