Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firstgear

Vehicle Book

Question

Hallo guys,

It's been 4months since I applied for the book of my car. I got original book from the seller and applied for transfer the book under my name.

I didn't receive the book yet. When I inquired from RMV they say the book has been created at the end of May. But when I inquire from the post office they say they haven't received it yet. They checked all the incoming records infant of me.

Is there anyway I can get the book very soon.

There's gonna be a problem, when the time comes to renew smoke test.

Please advice..

Thank you.

12 answers to this question

Go to RMV

FInd a peon

Give 500 bucks

You will get the book on the same day

1 person likes this

That's sounds promising.. but will i get another original book, if they have already posted the original?

4 hours ago, firstgear said:

Hallo guys,

It's been 4months since I applied for the book of my car. I got original book from the seller and applied for transfer the book under my name.

I didn't receive the book yet. When I inquired from RMV they say the book has been created at the end of May. But when I inquire from the post office they say they haven't received it yet. They checked all the incoming records infant of me.

There are many possibilities.

There is a gap between so called creation & posting the CR. 

Also it may post to different address and you are checking with the post office relevant for you.

It might returned back to RMV.

Visit RMV and ask them to show the registered post reference number.

1 person likes this

Thanks Sampath. 

Yes, that's what the post office also told.. They asked me to get the reference number. But again, with that reference number what can we do if the book is lost in the middle?

Now I'm concerned if I would ever be able to get an original book. :(

Most likely your original book is lying between a pile of documents somewhere. It's quite the norm with the RMV. Its highly unlikely that the post office would lose it.

Contrary to the popular belief, Sri Lanka Post is pretty good (very slow... but good) in delivering stuff.

I get down hundreds of things off eBay, Aliexpress etc. I've even redirected letters from one address to the other, I've got letters where the address was written wrong (within the same postal area though)... I've sent packages to countries like US (which got delivered in like 10 days)... believe me those poorly-paid men and women at Sri Lanka Post have always maintained a delivery record 100% for me, in the past 3-4 years.

2 people like this

Hi firstgear,

When did you handover the docs to RMV for transfer? Was it in January 2017? I just called to one of my friends works in RMV to check my wife's car transfer and according to him, RMV nowadays printing January ones. I submitted my Docs toward end of February, So I have to wait at least another one month.

24 minutes ago, whmsujith said:

Hi firstgear,

When did you handover the docs to RMV for transfer? Was it in January 2017? I just called to one of my friends works in RMV to check my wife's car transfer and according to him, RMV nowadays printing January ones. I submitted my Docs toward end of February, So I have to wait at least another one month.

I handed over docs to RMV on 10th of March. But they already confirmed me that the book was printed on May 27th. And their postal division told me that they don't keep the printed ones more than one week.

Edited by firstgear

if you have friend in bank/finance industry get hold of  a person who does RMV work for them. You will be able to get the CR by paying him a small amount.

1 person likes this

On 7/18/2017 at 3:44 PM, firstgear said:

I handed over docs to RMV on 10th of March. But they already confirmed me that the book was printed on May 27th. And their postal division told me that they don't keep the printed ones more than one week.

Please check with them again, whether they really posted it.  Like Crosswind mentioned above, it's hard to believe that it misplaces during post.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, firstgear said:

Thank you very much guys. The postman brought the book today 😛👌

That's great! By the way what is your English Letters? Is it K series or CA series? 

1 person likes this