• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Turning in to flat roof

nisala4423

Hello guys :) im planing to get a Mitsubishi Pajero 1989. i found a lot for sale 32 - **** but they are all high roof. can i turn a high roof one in to a flat roof without going through rmv, is it legal. flat roof pajero model is hard to find and its expensive. and is there any way to find out after i do to convert :) as far as i know there is no such thing in the book saying its a flat or high roof :) thanks let me know your thoughts :) 

Well...a proper car loving buyer would be able to figure it out by looking at the frame code. But then again 99% of SL car buyers have no idea what the h*** they are buying.

I thought when the mid roof was released the only high roof that was there was the VAN variant and just one grade of the WAGON variant.

Most flat roof ones are imported with body permits. Police officers sometimes stop you and ask the permit and better to keep a copy along with you.

So, without proper documents to prove it's legal, there is a high possibility that you will end up with a court case.

2 hours ago, Nishan.dj said:

Most flat roof ones are imported with body permits. Police officers sometimes stop you and ask the permit and better to keep a copy along with you.

So, without proper documents to prove it's legal, there is a high possibility that you will end up with a court case.

so if my vehicle is a flat roof without a body permit ( converted ) will they able to realize that i converted it ? by looking at the book 

1 hour ago, nisala4423 said:

so if my vehicle is a flat roof without a body permit ( converted ) will they able to realize that i converted it ? by looking at the book 

I am curious....how are you planning on making it a flat roof ? chop off the "high" part and put in new sheet metal ? or are you planning on importing a roof ?

9 hours ago, iRage said:

I am curious....how are you planning on making it a flat roof ? chop off the "high" part and put in new sheet metal ? or are you planning on importing a roof ?

this is sri lanka man :D anything is possible xD most of the  flat roof y60 in SL are originally came high roof. i just want to make sure police cant find out by looking at the book. so if all flat roof pajeros are on body permit im not going to do this :) 

But how would the cops know what kind of body a car should have ? How would they know if the car's body has been swapped or if it originally came like "that" ? Does the book state in detail what the body type is (e.g. WAGON/JEEP high roof) ? 

26 minutes ago, iRage said:

But how would the cops know what kind of body a car should have ? How would they know if the car's body has been swapped or if it originally came like "that" ? Does the book state in detail what the body type is (e.g. WAGON/JEEP high roof) ? 

no brother. book doesn't say anything like that.