• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place For Engine Tune Ups

wheel_buddy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very expensive.

hi

i have a Toyota Starlet EP82 carb model. does anyone know a good place , reliable to get the carb cleaned and the engine tuned up as it is not good on fuel at all now . does around 5Km per lItre.

a quick reply would be huge favour

thanks

Niroshan

hi

i have a Toyota Starlet EP82 carb model. does anyone know a good place , reliable to get the carb cleaned and the engine tuned up as it is not good on fuel at all now . does around 5Km per lItre.

thanks

Niroshan

Dear Bro,

there is a good (experience) man available at KOSGAS JUNCTION (In front of Sugathadasa stadium)

you go to the place and ask carburator B...a. He charged 2500 Rs about year a go for carb cleaning and tuning up. Still the car (Honda eg8) is doing very well in fuel and smooth.

Hi friends!!! has anybody done a turbo engine tuneup from Mr.Alawatta? I want to tune and clean my turbo GT :unsure:

Yes he is good and charges are very reasonable too.He earned his turbo qualifications in Japan.Ignore all jokers giving negative publicity here....I do agree that he is not the only qualified guy in town ...please dont be afraid to take your car there.Drop me a mail if you need his mobile number.

MINIACE

Dear Bro,

there is a good (experience) man available at KOSGAS JUNCTION (In front of Sugathadasa stadium)

you go to the place and ask carburator B...a. He charged 2500 Rs about year a go for carb cleaning and tuning up. Still the car (Honda eg8) is doing very well in fuel and smooth.

Hi bro

Do you think he works on sundays and have you got any of his contacts,, ]

Thanks a lot machan

better place is toyota lanka (wattala) they do engine tune up perfectly...

hi

thanks

Niroshan

hi

thanks

Niroshan

Edited by jana

better place is toyota lanka (wattala) they do engine tune up perfectly...

I went for a tuneup to Toyota Lanka recently and they forgot to fix the battery terminal after the tuneup. My car stalled in the night. So I got the feeling that they are unprofessional. I will never go to them again... there are many other better places close to Colombo.

• 5 weeks later...
I went for a tuneup to Toyota Lanka recently and they forgot to fix the battery terminal after the tuneup. My car stalled in the night. So I got the feeling that they are unprofessional. I will never go to them again... there are many other better places close to Colombo.

Eh if the battery terminal was not fixed how could you start the car :S. You mean they fixed it loose or soemthing?

Yes he is good and charges are very reasonable too.He earned his turbo qualifications in Japan.Ignore all jokers giving negative publicity here....I do agree that he is not the only qualified guy in town ...please dont be afraid to take your car there.Drop me a mail if you need his mobile number.

MINIACE

i hope i'm not one of the jokers you're referring to but i think he's extremely vain and rude and i say this through first hand experience... he kept me waiting for 4 hours insisting he had brake pads for the cefiro and then realised he didn't... he then goes onto show me attitude (amongst other things) for being impatient... i hardly call 4 hours of standing around impatience...

i don't know about his qualifications (which he seemed to lack when i went there) but if you guys are willing to stomach his superiority complex go for it... as much as i'd like to run him to the ground in my choice words i'll avoid sparking an argument...

i hope i'm not one of the jokers you're referring to but i think he's extremely vain and rude and i say this through first hand experience... he kept me waiting for 4 hours insisting he had brake pads for the cefiro and then realised he didn't... he then goes onto show me attitude (amongst other things) for being impatient... i hardly call 4 hours of standing around impatience...

i don't know about his qualifications (which he seemed to lack when i went there) but if you guys are willing to stomach his superiority complex go for it... as much as i'd like to run him to the ground in my choice words i'll avoid sparking an argument...

i totally agreee with you bro, i too had to go through something similar, its as if we get things done for free.

once i went with one of my friends to get an engine tune up done sometime ago, he was showing us attitude right through out, he says that there are ppl in front of his gate from 5 o clock in the morning. i doubt it as there weren;t much vehicles in there. we were just requesteing for an appointment

i have a lot more to say, but i needn't waste my time. i was utterly disgusteed

I agree with you. Almost all the so called 'experts' in and around Colombo are vain and rather unprofessional. I think Zakie will be the best out of the lot. From the few times I have spoken to him I found him to be more accommodating and friendly. With no added attitude. I have learned the hard way after driving various cars for the last 15 years that in the end, all I can say is, TAKE IT TO THE AGENTS!! for issues like tuning and other critical areas. Simple reason being, they have access to technical data, parameters, and other info, outside mechanics don't have. Most of the time. Unlike cars of yesteryear, your average garage mechanic has no clue about the inner workings of the EFI, EMS and other various components.

I have a P11 and I took it to the agents for a tune up and I was very happy with the service, attention, advise and the results. Ok, its a 2 litre, so I am not expecting 14kmpl, but she runs smooth, and I squeeze out 9-10Kmpl, somehow.

Mr. LA, has collected a lot of bad vibes and I haven't spoken to anyone who praises him. So my advise is, if it's a Toyota, take it to the agents. They will know what to do and what not to do.

My two cents worth.

Mr. LA, has collected a lot of bad vibes and I haven't spoken to anyone who praises him. So my advise is, if it's a Toyota, take it to the agents. They will know what to do and what not to do.

My two cents worth.

it's good that AL members are sharing these sorta info so the rest of us can keep away from these jokers...

maybe that will get them to respect the client a lil bit more and cut the attitude...

end of the day the buggers survive thanks to the business clients give them..

can i tune a vios for batter fuel consumption?

do i have to take it to wattala?

...and wt will be the downsides?

I had a Platz and a 121, both with the 1NzFE Engine which is the same as in the Vios. In those engines, the factory has already optimized the performance/economy. All you can do is a regular service, cleaning of the filters/plugs, etc and run a diagnostic to see what else needs to be done. No such 'tuning' as such.

Just take it to Toyota and take the trouble to wait and get the work done as it will be worth the trouble. Hey, you would have busted about 2.5 to 3.0 mill on this car, so what's a few thousand rupees and a few hours katta which is the only downside. I used to take a book and my ipod and watch through the observation glass everything they do. Servicing was all i got done and I had no issues with both cars till the time regrettably sold them.