Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Consumption In 1300cc And 1500cc Car Engines.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SunnyB15

SunnyB15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Dear all,

Some people say that there is a high fuel consumption in 1300cc engines than 1500cc engines in cars. Is there any difference? If so, How is it in Nissan Sunny FB15 (1500cc) and Nissan Sunny B15 (1300cc). Does B15 consumes more than FB15. I am talking about Auto transmission cars with AC on. I want to know the economical side of these vehicles and second hand demand (value).

Thanks and regards.............

#2 dpbatagoda

dpbatagoda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

Hi,

I had FB15 Auto 2000 1500CC car. It's a very good. has nice interior, good looking, comfortable driving, very low maintanance. But very bad in fuel consumption. It did 8Km/L in Colombo and 9Km/L outstation.

I had done everything through agents to make it more fuel efficient. but didn't work out.
Second had value is better in 1500 CC cars rather than 1300CC cars. and I sold it with very easy, just first buyer bought it for the price I was expected. 15.5 Lakhs.

1300CC cars are hard to resel and for hill roads card to climb.

Darshana

#3 Rastima

Rastima

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(SunnyB15 @ Aug 15 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

Some people say that there is a high fuel consumption in 1300cc engines than 1500cc engines in cars. Is there any difference? If so, How is it in Nissan Sunny FB15 (1500cc) and Nissan Sunny B15 (1300cc). Does B15 consumes more than FB15. I am talking about Auto transmission cars with AC on. I want to know the economical side of these vehicles and second hand demand (value).

I drive Nissan Sunny FB15 2001 Manual car and does 10-11 km/ltr with in city limits with AC on, and some where around 13 to 14 in long drive. jumping-smiley-013.gif For me, the FB15 gives me a good level of outout, very less machanical issues, no major repares etc.

All you need to do is, give her the best you can, then she starts giving her best. rolleyes.gif
"Men are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped."

#4 Ruslan

Ruslan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

I'm having a Corolla Luxel (VVT-i) which is a 1800CC Automatic (4 Speed CVT Gearbox) and its doing 8-9Kmpl in City traffic and do around 16-17 Cruising On long trips. For cruising it's awesome car.
Best gas saver option that is guaranteed to work --> don't drive your car
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Ruslan

Ruslan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

I think this will depend a lot on the vehicles weight. if it's a small car then a 1300CC would be ideal. (Something Like Starlet). but when it's come to Medium sized Sedans it's a different story..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Rastima

Rastima

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Ruslan @ Aug 15 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this will depend a lot on the vehicles weight. if it's a small car then a 1300CC would be ideal. (Something Like Starlet). but when it's come to Medium sized Sedans it's a different story..

Yes, I agree with you. Suslan jumping-smiley-013.gif

It will depend on the Vehicle Weight, Air presure of the tires and the other fuels system related matters.
"Men are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped."

#7 Car Maniac

Car Maniac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Ruslan @ Aug 15 2008, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I agree with Ruslan. I have also noticed that mismatch between vehicle's weight and engine capacity always results in bad fuel consumption, in first place.

#8 RACERSEDGE

RACERSEDGE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Interests:fast n sexy hondas,classic minis n mini mokes,officiating racing events,n all other times surfing auto lanka

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

well i will share my experiance on weight against hpwith ma hondas.its very true when u ogt 2 diff engines in same chassy model..the 1300cc does less fuel while 1500cc do good.. honda eg7 n eg8 (1300cc n 1500cc) eg7 v poor on fuel n also on pulling also if u take ek3 n ek2 its the same..but ek2 hatch which got less weight with the 1300cc eng do very well on fuel..

#9 Ruslan

Ruslan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

Exactly guys, which is i believe the reason that's gone wrong with the all new Corolla 141. New Corolla (Brand New) Used to carry a 1800CC Engine in North American market which is 2ZR-FE with Dual VVT-i (Even in Singapore market still 1800CC version is equipped with Older 1ZZ-FE). i guess this is the Planned original intended Engine for this Structure / Weight. due to Limits of the permit holders and cost, Toyota customized this configuration to suit it to the local market. so finally the Car for the local market end up with 3ZZ-FE 1600CC Engine which not enough for pull that weight / structure. that's why its super low on fuel consumption.

Edited by Ruslan, 15 August 2008 - 07:42 PM.

#10 Az

Az

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(SunnyB15 @ Aug 15 2008, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

I've heard that the B15 is less fuel efficient compared to FB15. This is because the weight-power ratio is not properly matched in the B15. Most buyers know this, hence there is less resale value for B15.

#11 RACERSEDGE

RACERSEDGE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Interests:fast n sexy hondas,classic minis n mini mokes,officiating racing events,n all other times surfing auto lanka

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

yep just think of a huge sedan model fitted with a engine build up for a coupe or a hatchback...how in the world the 1300cc eng gonna run with carying that weigt over 1100kg( avrage weight) while the coupe or hatch is only 800-900kg max

#12 urajdrlk

urajdrlk

• inactive
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(SunnyB15 @ Aug 15 2008, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

I have Nissan Sunny FB15 Make 2001 Manual gear car (1500 CC) & it does 10 to 12 Km per liter within the city limits with AC, & some when I go Kandy or Kegalle my car does 13 to 14 per liter with AC.

I think, FB15 can do this level fuel consumption, if your tyre air pressure is front 28~30 and Rear 30. If not, also FB15 don't do this consumption. Coz, one time, my car tyre pressure low and car don't do more than 8 to 9 Km per liter. When I check the problem, I got my tyre pressure is not in needed pressure.

#13 RACERSEDGE

RACERSEDGE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

yep if you are using more ballon size tyres or if you hav changed the org rim size(ex like from 13 to 15) it will effect on fuel,well with my new chip im getting abt 13kml in city with ac( thnkz to zakie) hav to check it out station..as its a vi version it giv more power than exi too...

#14 ruwansusantha

ruwansusantha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(SunnyB15 @ Aug 15 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

I had a B15 1300engine which I sold recently for 14.5 Lacks.That was year 2000 auto. I used it for 4 years
I changed ATF from pitstop, did an engine tuneup,changed petro filter,spark plugs Used Mobil Synthetic as engine oil.I ride
very carefully and it did 12km/l in city and 15km/l outstation.

I know about this car very much through usage, and the figures are genuine.From the day I
advertised it I received a lot of potential buyers. So, the fact that the 1300cc for B15
is less marketed is not true.

I regulary used this car for outstation, so I am certain about the figures.(My father has a FB15 Year 2002 super saloon, bought new with tune-up but it doesnot do this much)

#15 Rox

Rox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

I am driving a FN15 PULSAR CJ1 1500cc A/T and avarage fuel consumption in city limits is 8-9 km/l and outstation 11-12 km/l (Colombo - Kandy - Colombo).

I've changed ATF oil (BP), petrol filter, spark plugs and done a tuning some 10,000 km befeore.

Do this figures seems reasonable?

Well, A*W told me that average consumption in city limits will be 7-10 km/l. I think FN15 engine is mostly same to FB15 engine.

Rox

#16 Devinda_Z

Devinda_Z

....the old vanguard....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Rox @ Nov 26 2008, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am driving a FN15 PULSAR CJ1 1500cc A/T and avarage fuel consumption in city limits is 8-9 km/l and outstation 11-12 km/l (Colombo - Kandy - Colombo).

I've changed ATF oil (BP), petrol filter, spark plugs and done a tuning some 10,000 km befeore.

Do this figures seems reasonable?

Well, A*W told me that average consumption in city limits will be 7-10 km/l. I think FN15 engine is mostly same to FB15 engine.

sounds like an acceptable figure

also look at basic things like running the right tire pressure as under inflation will adversly affect fuel economy

the other point to note would be driving style
"Who ever you may be in life, whether you are at the higest level or the most modest level, you must show great strenght & determination and do everything with love, and with a deep belief in God.
one day you'll achieve your aim & you'll be successful"
~ Ayrton Senna

#17 mazdaspeed

mazdaspeed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Interests:MAZDA

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Devinda_Z @ Nov 26 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like an acceptable figure

also look at basic things like running the right tire pressure as under inflation will adversly affect fuel economy

the other point to note would be driving style

Hay Dave,

On the same subject as tyre pressure…… Does the size of the tyre effect in a great way

Say 185” agents a 195” width tyre ?

#18 Devinda_Z

Devinda_Z

....the old vanguard....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(mazdaspeed @ Nov 26 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hay Dave,

On the same subject as tyre pressure…… Does the size of the tyre effect in a great way

Say 185” agents a 195” width tyre ?

its hard to quantify and give an exact figure as to what kinda change is to expected by a change in size,logic would dictate that
an increase in the contact patch on the road would mean the vehicle needs to put down more power to propel the vehicle forward, which would then translate in more fuel used and thus relate to fuel economy
"Who ever you may be in life, whether you are at the higest level or the most modest level, you must show great strenght & determination and do everything with love, and with a deep belief in God.
one day you'll achieve your aim & you'll be successful"
~ Ayrton Senna

#19 Rox

Rox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Devinda_Z @ Nov 26 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its hard to quantify and give an exact figure as to what kinda change is to expected by a change in size,logic would dictate that
an increase in the contact patch on the road would mean the vehicle needs to put down more power to propel the vehicle forward, which would then translate in more fuel used and thus relate to fuel economy

Btw, my tire size is 185/70 R14 Original R13 wheels have been replaced with R14 alloys. I think the original sizes would be 165/70 R13 (Is this correct?) When I was buying this there was 185/65 R14 and later I changed to 185/70 R14.

Does this will have a drastic effect?
Rox

#20 dimshade

dimshade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

does anyone know how much does the Honda Airwave does in fuel consumption? 1.5Ltr. And the 2nd hand market value as well. Is it worthwhile to buy it for 3Mn?