• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Cami

Hiran690

let me tell you what I know about the cami mate.

firstly, It's not that great a vehicle.. its an underpowered little thing, poor for overtaking purposes, and since its full time AWD the fuel efficiancy is poor. (i think 1.3 litre engine right?) anyway there's no difference between that and the terios, (not as far as i know having driven both of them) i doubt you'll get any good resale value for the cami or terios, specially since the new models (Terios and Rush) are soo good. People actually spend the extra cash and buy the 2nd hand rush or the brand new Terios because they're very comfy and quite economical. (I know cause my aunt bought the 2008 Terios Autogear last year) it gets about 10 km/l in colombo (I'm not kidding or exaggerating btw) I've checked it, cause the fuel consumption gauge says it does 12.4 km/100l.. or something like that. Anyway I know it does more than 10 in colombo, so yeah old terios and cami is a deffinite NO from my opinion. But if you have no choice, go for the cami, at least you'll have the Toyota badge over the Daihatsu.. It might help with resale value... Maintainance will be quite high, cause the cami has alot of things to be done in it, (I'm not sure what but I've heard it has quite alot of probs. and the one we had was soo bloody awful it was sold before it was repaired lol)

Well thats all I can help you with mate. Sorry I can't be of any more help.. If you want a good suv for that size, I saw an ad for something called the "Nomad" or something.. it's the exact same shape of the old terios/cami and you can get it brand new i think... just check on it.. and g'luck again. :)

Actually the Cami is not that bad. But don't expect much off roading or crazy driving, as Virentsi said, its underpowered. I have driven one many times and I can say that it drives like a typical Toyota car. The Auto is what i drove and when you need to over take you need to floor the pedal, switch the AC off and pray to your own personal Jesus that the bus you are overtaking will slow down a tad. I am serious. Also it has a lot of body roll after 60km/h. DO NOT take high speed turns. The AWD configuration really is harsh on the mileage. My friend got around 8-10 with 8 in the city and 10 outstation. When you load 4-5 people and their luggage, then you are slightly more comfy than a Paan Baagey.

Virentsi, if your aunts Rush display shows 12l/100kms, that means she is getting around 8 Kms per litre.

Get a Cami, if all all you do is drive your kids to school in it or shopping on the weekend. :)

My personal advise is, thee are better vehicles our there than the Cami. Besides, its a chic vehicle. For the 1.8 million and above you might have to spend on that, you can get a Grand Vitara 300- or G Numbered for that price.

Virentsi, if your aunts Rush display shows 12l/100kms, that means she is getting around 8 Kms per litre.

mate its the terios, yeah i know that means its low, but trust me it does 10, we pumped full tank once (45 litres) and we pumped again when it was right down to empty, and in that space we got 421 km's, so that means it did about 10 per litre, (cause there was obviously fuel left in the tank). so yeah I think thats pretty good for a 1.5 litre awd jeep :)

ps it's driven in colombo, and goes alot to kalaniya uni cause my aunts a prof there. so i guess the kalaniya drive gives it better milage.

Edited by virensti

• 7 years later...
On 2009-9-13 at 7:47 AM, VVTi said:

Actually the Cami is not that bad. But don't expect much off roading or crazy driving, as Virentsi said, its underpowered. I have driven one many times and I can say that it drives like a typical Toyota car. The Auto is what i drove and when you need to over take you need to floor the pedal, switch the AC off and pray to your own personal Jesus that the bus you are overtaking will slow down a tad. I am serious. Also it has a lot of body roll after 60km/h. DO NOT take high speed turns. The AWD configuration really is harsh on the mileage. My friend got around 8-10 with 8 in the city and 10 outstation. When you load 4-5 people and their luggage, then you are slightly more comfy than a Paan Baagey.

Get a Cami, if all all you do is drive your kids to school in it or shopping on the weekend. :)

My personal advise is, thee are better vehicles our there than the Cami. Besides, its a chic vehicle. For the 1.8 million and above you might have to spend on that, you can get a Grand Vitara 300- or G Numbered for that price.

On 2009-9-7 at 8:36 PM, Hiran690 said:

guys am hoping to go for a toyota cami<mini suv> . experts please gimme some guidance on followings

fuel consumption

maintainance

resell value

what are the differences between cami and daihatsu terious?

Vvti does 11.5 km per litre 

There are no maintenance issues except regular service 

Good resale value. The Mitsubishi Nomad Zoyt body parts, goes with it.

On 2009-9-7 at 8:36 PM, Hiran690 said:

guys am hoping to go for a toyota cami<mini suv> . experts please gimme some guidance on followings

fuel consumption

maintainance

resell value

what are the differences between cami and daihatsu terious?

So easy drive and park

Toyota Cami is manufactured under Daihatsu corporation. 

On 2009-9-13 at 7:47 AM, VVTi said:

My personal advise is, thee are better vehicles our therae than the Cami. Besides, its a chic vehicle. For the 1.8 million and above you might have to spend on that, you can get a Grand Vitara 300- or G Numbered for that price.

There are no overtaking issues. 
please learn to drive an automatic vehicle 

Edited by Lezaf

1 minute ago, Lezaf said:

please learn to drive automatic vehicle 

18 minutes ago, Lezaf said:

Vvti does 11.5 km per litre 

There are no maintenance issues except regular service 

Good resale value. The Mitsubishi Nomad Zoyt body parts, goes with it.

So easy drive and park

Toyota Cami is manufactured under Daihatsu corporation. 

Yes, the Cami is the best.

Now stop responding to 8 year old discussions.

• Like 4

On 5/26/2017 at 11:16 AM, Lezaf said:

please learn to drive an automatic vehicle 

Ok

How much are you selling your cam for