Chamikaa

Toyota 121

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm planing to purchase Toyota 121, gays can you kindly explain difference between G.X,XLI.XL and other models,and how can we identify Singapore make and japan one pls advice me

Thanks

Edited by Chamikaa

This has been discussed briefly before. search the forum for more details. Luxel, G, X Found in Japanese domestic markets only (JDM). GLI, XLI, XL, LX etc found in Asian markets including SL.

this will give you details about JDM trim levels.

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/2002_9/

Edited by Ruslan

thanks rushan

I bought a 2003 new shell corolla G limited. Which is a higher grade than the G and with additional options. I think it is the Luxel replacement of the 2001 model range, excluding the 1800cc 130bhp engine.

I bought a 2003 new shell corolla G limited. Which is a higher grade than the G and with additional options. I think it is the Luxel replacement of the 2001 model range, excluding the 1800cc 130bhp engine.

Nope, there's a Luxel which came in 2003 and in 2005 as well. G-Limited is just a G grade with added options (some of them have seen with gate type shifter as well).

2003 Luxel (Front bumper and front shell different from normal G and X grades)

2003corollafront.jpg w1200.png

2003corollarear.jpg w1200.png

2005 Luxel (shell is different normal versions)

2005corollafront.jpg w640.png

2005corollarear.jpg w640.png

Edited by Ruslan

Oh Thats good news. But arnt they rare? I have seen a couple of 2003 luxels but not a single 2005.. I guess the G limited was the only one i could find within my budget of 3.4M...

Oh Thats good news. But arnt they rare? I have seen a couple of 2003 luxels but not a single 2005.. I guess the G limited was the only one i could find within my budget of 3.4M...

For 2003 G it's ok. but you could've searched more. most of these 1800CC s got low market value, because people think that they are bad on fuel. i've seen couple of 2005 Luxels in Nugegoda area. true that those are not common like 2001/2003 counterpart.

Does your 2003 equipped with Power steering or EPS? most of the 2003/2004 came with EPS i think.

Does your 2003 equipped with Power steering or EPS? most of the 2003/2004 came with EPS i think.

Ya mine is an EPS. Steering feels very light. Some argue that unlike the normal hydraulic power steering, EPS takes off the road feel of driving. But all i know is i like how it feels.

The reason i went for a 2003, G LTD, as opposed to a luxel was the exact same reason u mentioned. When i was initially looking for a 121 i prefered the luxel. but many luxels i saw even on the road were early J plates (2003 model year cars). That plus the market perception on 1800 would have made it slightly more difficult to sell. Except for the 1800 CC engine and numberial illuminated dash board (g ltd has a backlight illumination) the G "ltd" is very similar to the luxel in other aesthetics IMHO.