lasa

Tyre Prices

Best tyre brands for Peugeot    25 members have voted

  1. 1. Best tyre brands for Peugeot


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

261 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, shinninglikeme said:

Bridgestone tyres & CE#T Tyres are considered best for the cars.

But if you are looking for tyres of lower cost than Michigan and Pereille tyres are better than the rest

This post gave me cancer :D

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brand: Maxxis

Model: MA-P3

Size: 185/70R14

Price: 10,000 each

Bought from a place called Chamara enterprises in Gampaha. I bought two tyres and they reduced another 1000 bucks for the 2 used tyres. My tyres had more than enough thread remaining but one had a sidewall damage caused by running with low air pressure. I was shocked to see the inside of the tyre sidewall once removed.

As for the tyre, they certainly are less pleasing to the eyes than the Federal Formoza FD2 they replaced. Absorbs bumps a bit better but I can hear a bit of road noise when going above 60. Yet to check traction though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2016 at 1:50 PM, Harry (aq) said:

Planning on getting the following tires for my Lancer Ex

Brand - Bridgestone 

Model - EP2H (EP200) 

Size - 205/60/16

Price - LKR 16,500

 

Were EP200s better than the OEM tires (Yokohama ADVAN)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was in the market recently to get some new tyres for my w212. Tyre size 245/45/17. It originally came with pirelli p7 cinturatos. They were the most expensive I came across for this particular size at 72000/- each (around 54k with discount). The dealer told me not to go for pirellis citing poor service from the agent Toyota Lanka (someone correct me on this).

bridgestone turanza er300 was the second option. Autodrome had an offer at the time. Not sure if it's still on. So each Tyre came in at 46k.

the car previously ran on Michelin pilot preceda 2s. Very decent tyres. Quiet and comfortable. D*MO has them in stock at 43k a piece including wheel alignment. I was only put off by the usual Michelin trait of losing large chunks of rubber on the edges with age.

Finally I settled for continental contisportcontact 3's at 39k a piece. They are of Malaysian origin and fitted standard to Malaysian and Indian assembled mercs. They are a little noisy but considering the price I'm happy. The agents too offer good service in case of failure according to the agent, which matters when you are spending this much on tyres.

another thing I learnt while shopping was about the "MO" tag on the sidewall. This in my case meant it was made specifically for Mercedes or Mercedes Original. Similarly you get AO and BO for Audi and BMW respectively. As spectacular as it sounds it doesn't mean a huge difference in performance as the tyre doesn't differ that much from the same Tyre in a different size in terms of architecture and compound. But I guess it looks and sounds cool. 

Also it's worth noting apart from the pirellis the other models are succeeded by better models in more developed parts of the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a massive (months long) dance to source a set of good tyres for the Jag as a steering issue meant it had eaten the insides of the fronts. Wasn't too sad because I was looking for an excuse to replace the fitted tyres anyway (Kinforest KF550s fitted by the previous owner just before sale, kept them because they had full tread and were honestly not bad). The big problem turned out to be the staggered tyre size: 245/45/18 front and 255/45/18 rear. Basically no one was able to give me four tyres of the same tread pattern in those two sizes. Pirelli said they had the P-Zero in 245s but didn't get anything in 255 to SL, Michelin offered me Primacy HPs and Primacy 3s but I wasn't too impressed because they weren't performance tyres and were 76k a pop! Bridgestone wanted 3-4 months for delivery. Dunlop had sport maxxes in both sizes but had JUST run out of the 245s and couldn't give me a date for when they would get a new stock.

Was basically tearing my hair out by this point and was actually planning to fly to Singapore and hand carry tyres but at the 11th hour Amila Tyre (who I was dealing with) managed to get me a set of (German made) Dunlop SP Sport 01s for the front to go with the Sport Maxxes that were already available in the rear size. In the end the set came to 200k all in which I thought was not too bad for the size.

As expected the difference from the Kinforests is pretty large; the car is quieter, rides better and definitely is more sure footed at speed. Good Tyres do make a difference, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you know how much 235 x 75R x 15 BFG price in SL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, JadeyBlitzen said:

So I was in the market recently to get some new tyres for my w212. Tyre size 245/45/17. It originally came with pirelli p7 cinturatos. They were the most expensive I came across for this particular size at 72000/- each (around 54k with discount). The dealer told me not to go for pirellis citing poor service from the agent Toyota Lanka (someone correct me on this).

bridgestone turanza er300 was the second option. Autodrome had an offer at the time. Not sure if it's still on. So each Tyre came in at 46k.

the car previously ran on Michelin pilot preceda 2s. Very decent tyres. Quiet and comfortable. D*MO has them in stock at 43k a piece including wheel alignment. I was only put off by the usual Michelin trait of losing large chunks of rubber on the edges with age.

Finally I settled for continental contisportcontact 3's at 39k a piece. They are of Malaysian origin and fitted standard to Malaysian and Indian assembled mercs. They are a little noisy but considering the price I'm happy. The agents too offer good service in case of failure according to the agent, which matters when you are spending this much on tyres.

another thing I learnt while shopping was about the "MO" tag on the sidewall. This in my case meant it was made specifically for Mercedes or Mercedes Original. Similarly you get AO and BO for Audi and BMW respectively. As spectacular as it sounds it doesn't mean a huge difference in performance as the tyre doesn't differ that much from the same Tyre in a different size in terms of architecture and compound. But I guess it looks and sounds cool. 

Also it's worth noting apart from the pirellis the other models are succeeded by better models in more developed parts of the world. 

Is this what you mean? All 4 of my car had this problem. Had to get rid 2 prematurely as they were in a very bad condition. Other 2 are also having the same issue.

DSC_0004[1].JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aamarakoon said:

Is this what you mean? All 4 of my car had this problem. Had to get rid 2 prematurely as they were in a very bad condition. Other 2 are also having the same issue.

DSC_0004[1].JPG

That's does not look like the tire is disintegrating. 

You car has alignment issues, or tires are under inflated.

When was the last time you checked wheel alignment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Stig said:

That's does not look like the tire is disintegrating. 

You car has alignment issues, or tires are under inflated.

When was the last time you checked wheel alignment? 

There's no alignment issue as I have done one recently. If alignment was the issue, the new GT radials should have been affected. If you look closely you can see little rubber parts have come out. And it happened to all 4 Michs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's something to do with their compound. I've seen it happen in all Michelin tyres I've had on my cars. 

On 1/13/2017 at 5:54 PM, aamarakoon said:

There's no alignment issue as I have done one recently. If alignment was the issue, the new GT radials should have been affected. If you look closely you can see little rubber parts have come out. And it happened to all 4 Michs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now