#21 isurujosh

isurujosh

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Dilly @ Jul 29 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahahaha... you should dive it issa.. Then u'll know....
Let's meet up bro...!!! U really shoud drive it... n feel it...
I'm telling u..

sure mate will meet up for a swing:)

#22 Dilly

Dilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Supra_Natural @ Jul 29 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
err why not? is the concept completely unbelievable to you?

Yeah... why not..??? =P

#23 Dilly

Dilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (isurujosh @ Jul 29 2010, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure mate will meet up for a swing:)

what about saturday..?? are u passing by my place..??

#24 JAFF

JAFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Dilly @ Jul 28 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, if your buying at-least go for 2006 model.. and a 1.6L manual.. and a K series.. Max pay Rs. 1.5 Mil..
And I'm telling you; you will not REGRET.. =)

i guess the brand new ones came here are 2006 and above

#25 gurugee

gurugee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Pericles @ Jul 29 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would really appreciate it if you wouldn't ask members to break the rules by discussing cars for sale on the forums. Just keep checking the classifieds, something will come up.

@ Pericles,

I nvr c any Proton Gen 2 on classifieds. So wonder how PG2 owners selling their cars? this is d reason I asked it here. Sorry dude, I have no place to check n not even HITADs

#26 Pericles

Pericles

Cleaner of Manure

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (gurugee @ Jul 31 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Pericles,

I nvr c any Proton Gen 2 on classifieds. So wonder how PG2 owners selling their cars? this is d reason I asked it here. Sorry dude, I have no place to check n not even HITADs

These aren't Corollas or Maruti's. There are relatively few in the island, so you have to be patient. Also keep in mind it still somewhat new, so ppl who do have them won't be looking to get rid of it already.

Basically, patience. There have been Gen 2s on AL before, and hitad. Just keep looking.

Signing off...
Preveen R.
Team autoLanka

This is not a Barbie's dream house tea-party, where we sit around like girls discussing hair and makeup. This is an automotive forum, which deals with grease marks, dirt under our nails and piloting metal cages with a load of highly explosive chemicals in a barrel under the back seat.

#27 qasid

qasid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

i've been using my Gen-2 for 3yrs now.... Swedish Trading is quite good.... the people there are very friendly... also... i'd say their parts are cheaper too... cos the thing is i checked with another seller who was getting down the parts... but the company was cheaper than him to...
the only problem for me was that Swedish trading is workshop is in Rathmalana... so it's a bit out of the way for me...
anyways... Bottomline - Superb car (for me), will be keeping it forever :), will only maintain it with the company only ;)
i guess tht's why u dont see too many gen2's for sale... cos if it's not maintained properly u'll end up messing it up....

#28 qasid

qasid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

<!--quoteo(post=127697:date=Jul 31 2010, 11:14 AM:name=gurugee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gurugee @ Jul 31 2010, 11:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=127697"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@ Pericles,

I nvr c any Proton Gen 2 on classifieds. So wonder how PG2 owners selling their cars? this is d reason I asked it here. Sorry dude, I have no place to check n not even HITADs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These aren't Corollas or Maruti's. There are relatively few in the island, so you have to be patient. Also keep in mind it still somewhat new, so ppl who do have them won't be looking to get rid of it already.

Basically, patience. There have been Gen 2s on AL before, and hitad. Just keep looking.

i totally agree with Pericles.... thats the same attitude i have too bro...
i dint buy ma gen2 with the intention to sell ;)
probably most of the guys who buy the brand new cars hardly sell em'

#29 JAFF

JAFF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

i've been using my Gen-2 for 3yrs now.... Swedish Trading is quite good.... the people there are very friendly... also... i'd say their parts are cheaper too... cos the thing is i checked with another seller who was getting down the parts... but the company was cheaper than him to...
the only problem for me was that Swedish trading is workshop is in Rathmalana... so it's a bit out of the way for me...
anyways... Bottomline - Superb car (for me), will be keeping it forever :), will only maintain it with the company only ;)
i guess tht's why u dont see too many gen2's for sale... cos if it's not maintained properly u'll end up messing it up....

what the heck??? Swedish Trading doing a great job??? lol
u havent faced the reality yet...

we ordered a brand new right hand side front door from swedish trading for our Proton Waja & when we went to collect the door, it has been damaged due to their carelessness. we didnt collect it & the guy who was in-charge simply said to the worker "put it inside our store, we can sell it to another proton waja owner" :action-smiley-060:

this is one of the bad experience that we had with swedish trading. Earlier we had a Proton Wira which we bought from D*MO (Prev Proton agent) and they did a wonderful service.. but swedish........pffffffffffffffff :violent-smiley-099:

#30 qasid

qasid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

Dude... I think I've heard this story long time back?
Or I wud have read it long time back...
Too bad for u mate... And I'm sorry u ha to go thru all the hassle... However, I ws never put into tht situation.. Cos I dint order any doors... :)
well to be frank I went to Swedish trading today morning too... Cos I wanted to buy rear brake pads... It cost 3,500/-
and outside it's 4,000/-

#31 prvnrox

prvnrox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

okay after two years,it might sound like a stupid thing to post on this threat.but just wanted to know whether ur gen2 is a manual or an auto? I heard the Auto is not so good both fuel and performance.just wanted to clear things out :)