• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Skirts & A Spoiler For Lancer

trinity

saw this in Kandy :sport-smiley-004:DSC_2173.jpg

Yes this is also an Original Kit. i've seen very limited number of cars with this body kit. All of them are 2009 to 2011 CS3s. Same model comes with an engine cover which other CS models doesn't have, nickel door handles & digital display with fuel consumption data etc... Sadly these cars does not come with side skirts. So it appears that the car is incomplete when looked from side.

Sorry for the late reply. The OZ Rally version of the Lancer CS came with OZ Racing wheels which look like this:

8Q_640.jpg

While this is original, I think it's too subtle and was thinking of something like 16 inch OZ Racing F1 rims (gunmetal gray). This is a longshot but it's what I have in mind. :)

oz_1209324338.jpg

Here is a sad story. I bought a set of these wheels for my Mirage from the US. Sadly they don't fit mine as the gap between studs are different :( So I had to swap them at Amila for another used pair of OZ wheels that fitted. Hurt me a lot to do it but I had no other options, as we only discovered the discrepency once the tyres were fitted to the new wheels.

Here is a sad story. I bought a set of these wheels for my Mirage from the US. Sadly they don't fit mine as the gap between studs are different :( So I had to swap them at Amila for another used pair of OZ wheels that fitted. Hurt me a lot to do it but I had no other options, as we only discovered the discrepency once the tyres were fitted to the new wheels.

I was also quite baffled at the fact that a lot of people just buy/sell rims based on just the stud-count and the diameter alone while completely ignoring the radius that the studs form and the radius of the studs themselves. But I recall hooligan mentioning the actual terminology for this in another thread.

That sucks. I hope the rims you found there were good as the ones you bought down. Were they F1 rims by any chance? :)

There are a couple of things to consider when buying alloys and I think this was discussed before. Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD), Centre bore diameter and Offset. What has badly gone wrong in The Don's case is that the PCD does not match the PCD of the car's studs.

Further, even if the PCD is an exact match, if the car's original wheel's are hub centric, the centre bore diameter should also be checked. If the centre bore diameter of the wheel is not compatible with the car, then the studs will be under stress when the car is in motion and will lead to wobbles and unforseen consequences at high speed.

So as Watchman said, it's not just going ahead and buying a set of alloys that you think looks nice, they should be perfectly compatible with your car for optimal perfomance and a smooth ride.

• 3 weeks later...
So what exactly is your point? :D

If you've used any of these in particular and have some experience why don't you share it..

hay watchman how are u maan,

no i dint use those things, seems to be they are not much expensive and they are easy to use. That's why i share them under this thread.

You cant say they are cheap. If you want to get a good job, it will cost you a pretty decent amount.

Yep you can say that again. It looks easy in these demo videos, but it certainly isnt. I've bee n playing around this stuff for a while on my bikes. Working with curved surfaces is certainly a b!tch! And I have seen enough cars with messed up sticker jobs with either ripples or air bubbles dead in the middle of a body pannel.

Unless I have a special colour need I prefer the carbon fiber pattern. There's quite a few types. They call it 2D, 3D and 4D. 2D is a black vinyl with a carbon fiber like pattern printed on it. Looks very cheap. Then came 3D where there vinyl was a thicker material and the mesh pattern was embossed into it. It has a matt finish so when it gets dirty its dam hard to clean. The newest version is 4D which is pretty much 3D but with smoother ridges so not much durt collection, and the sticky side is also grooved. It makes taking air bubbles easier. Recently got myself a 24"x60" sheet from china and did my motorcycle sideboards. 4D is a bit more expensive, but looks really nice if u want a more glossy effect (and it makes the job easier too).

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/autolanka/20131227_235705_zpskdnboryv.jpg

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/autolanka/20131227_235653_zpsbgwlijjy.jpg

Yep you can say that again. It looks easy in these demo videos, but it certainly isnt. I've bee n playing around this stuff for a while on my bikes. Working with curved surfaces is certainly a b!tch! And I have seen enough cars with messed up sticker jobs with either ripples or air bubbles dead in the middle of a body pannel.

Unless I have a special colour need I prefer the carbon fiber pattern. There's quite a few types. They call it 2D, 3D and 4D. 2D is a black vinyl with a carbon fiber like pattern printed on it. Looks very cheap. Then came 3D where there vinyl was a thicker material and the mesh pattern was embossed into it. It has a matt finish so when it gets dirty its dam hard to clean. The newest version is 4D which is pretty much 3D but with smoother ridges so not much durt collection, and the sticky side is also grooved. It makes taking air bubbles easier. Recently got myself a 24"x60" sheet from china and did my motorcycle sideboards. 4D is a bit more expensive, but looks really nice if u want a more glossy effect (and it makes the job easier too).

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/autolanka/20131227_235705_zpskdnboryv.jpg

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/autolanka/20131227_235653_zpsbgwlijjy.jpg

\

Agreed :food-smiley-004:

So trinity's spoiler finally arrived today and we had a DIY installation and a photo shoot of the ladies with the new jewellery. :)

This is trinity's car after installing the spoiler.

DSC00103_zps75a1cecb.thumb.JPG.8bad4f4181d830643f489e37301cccd5.JPG

And the ladies:

DSC00092_zps8565db73.thumb.JPG.2ed60018d89148286115408210ad93d1.JPG

DSC00097_zpsfad56999.thumb.JPG.942af81797a11b8261d52ce738b161d4.JPG

DSC00094_zpsef504c86.thumb.JPG.0869f07eec28a7f84d2f18f5635f454c.JPG

DSC00095_zpsb7db8866.thumb.JPG.53f36312dbf25e971e21b59b9e3d97e3.JPG

I'll leave trinity to give more details. Uploaded the photos cause I had 'em on my phone.

Edited by Davy
Fixed broken image links
  • Like 3

Oh man,,, finally! After four years it's complete. Overwhelmingly happy!!

Story from after Davy purchasing his spoiler.

As said earlier Davy purchased the last spoiler which the seller had in his stock. Since we wanted another one, he promised to bring down a one for me in his next shipment. Told me to wait two weeks. As the days went by, his mobile number went out of reach and all efforts made to contact him was failed.

Had no other option but to give it up. Suddenly last Saturday the guy called me out of nowhere and informed that he has the spoiler with him and asked me to collect it. I nearly jumped out of my bed screamed like a mad dog. Hi hi hi..

So got down the spoiler today and fixed it at Davy's place by the golden hands of Davy himself...

Davy thank you my man... It's great to have a friend who I can share the joy in a thing like this.

Oh just look at those buties...

Speechless!

Ko yako pictures!!!

Post #65 The Don. How did you miss that? :D Or did you mean photos of the DIY? Unfortunately, we didn't snap any pics of the DIY because the process was pretty much identical to what I did on my car.

Oh man,,, finally! After four years it's complete. Overwhelmingly happy!! Story from after Davy purchasing his spoiler. As said earlier Davy purchased the last spoiler which the seller had in his stock. Since we wanted another one, he promised to bring down a one for me in his next shipment. Told me to wait two weeks. As the days went by, his mobile number went out of reach and all efforts made to contact him was failed. Had no other option but to give it up. Suddenly last Saturday the guy called me out of nowhere and informed that he has the spoiler with him and asked me to collect it. I nearly jumped out of my bed screamed like a mad dog. Hi hi hi.. So got down the spoiler today and fixed it at Davy's place by the golden hands of Davy himself... Davy thank you my man... It's great to have a friend who I can share the joy in a thing like this. Oh just look at those buties... Speechless!

Anytime machan! :)

So trinity's spoiler finally arrived today and we had a DIY installation and a photo shoot of the ladies with the new jewellery. :)

This is trinity's CS1A right after installing the spoiler:

DSC00095_zpsb7db8866.jpg

I'll leave trinity to give more details. Uploaded the photos cause I had 'em on my phone.

Matching couple like this....

http://thebridalcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Wedding-Couple.jpg

:P

Nice cars Machan !!! :action-smiley-033:

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Matching cars with matching plates! Nice work on the spoiler. Do both have new wheels in the future?

Oh, and where were these photos snapped? Nice area!

Thanks! Wheels are definitely something I'm looking at, but not in a hurry as I got a brand new set of tires also installed after a suspension repair, and now my budget is shot.

Photos were snapped in Athurugiriya. My neighbourhood. :)

Matching couple like this....

http://thebridalcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Wedding-Couple.jpg

:P

Nice cars Machan !!! :action-smiley-033:

Thanks Sampath!

Who's this spoiler guy of yours? I need some stuff brought down as well!

A guy in Pitakotte. Imports bodykits and spoilers and stuff. 0776 204 776 (Hashen).

Komi, I remember trinity telling me that the above number is no longer working. Wait for trinity's reply just to confirm.

Thanks! Wheels are definitely something I'm looking at, but not in a hurry as I got a brand new set of tires also installed after a suspension repair, and now my budget is shot.

Photos were snapped in Athurugiriya. My neighbourhood. :)

Thanks Sampath!

A guy in Pitakotte. Imports bodykits and spoilers and stuff. 0776 204 776 (Hashen).

Komi, I remember trinity telling me that the above number is no longer working. Wait for trinity's reply just to confirm.

Now its working machan.