• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Your Favorite Motorcycle?

blkr6

how much do they run if i can find one for sale in sri lanka? i had a VFR v30, loved to death, cant wait to get hold of a VFR400, one of the most unique motorcycles ever made.

I bought it fr 2 in 2004...that time cops started seize of high capacity bikes...so had to sell it for a cheaper price..( unregistered )Dammnnnn..

Yup.It's the very same Manx which propelled my dad to two runners up trophies at the Katu circuit meet in '69 and in '71.I also have the Triumph Speedtwin 500 in which he won the National meet at the same venue in '71,but it's in a very sorry state now and barely recognizable as a bike. :)

Lovely!! :) Is the Manx a 350cc or 500cc ?

i remember a wine red fireblade back in 2003 around dehiwela area when i was looking up for one. i ended up buying the gull arm RRL with fireblade tri color paint scheme..Didnt know about figures but i later found out the gull arm put out 3 more HP.

My garage would be complete if i had

1) CBR929RR with black and yellow paint scheme

2) CBR250RR with the black and deep red paint scheme

3) Vintage harley davidson prob from the 40`s

4) Suzuki DRZ 400

The Gullarm also weighs 1kg less from what i have heard machan......

if i met u earlier i could have helped u tick off da first one from ur list man haha....had a 929 black with yellow stickers for four years & sold it a few weeks back

500cc...First owner was lankan racing legend Zacky Dean :)

Ah now thats a bike with a history then :) battling with local legends Chandra Decosta & UD Jinadasa :)

I gotta see this bike in the flesh some time ;)

Yeah Man, once a biker always a biker.

The first bike I had was a Yamaha DT 50. Then a Kawasaki 125. Then my dad got himself a Honda CB750 - the original superbike with the 4 pipes , and I managed to totter around on that for a while.

Went abroad rode some cool big bikes and came back to Sl and got myself the ubiquitous CBR 250 RR. Man a good machine for SL. fast, nippy and flingable . Some excellent times.Also rode a Harley ..softail...The R1 is awesome as is the Blackbird.....but cannot really enjoy them in Sl.

Now own a Yamaha RD 350 which I just finished restoring and put on the road. Shes a 1973 Model.

7 shri. needs a tune upe as not running smooth on the 2 carbs........also got a Chally 70 cc 3 speed and another Suzuki Gt125 which is a donor for a project(The less said about dat the better :)

The chally is super fun too. Goes anywhere and over anything...hheeeee yaaa

The Gullarm also weighs 1kg less from what i have heard machan......

if i met u earlier i could have helped u tick off da first one from ur list man haha....had a 929 black with yellow stickers for four years & sold it a few weeks back

much as i love to, owning a high cap right now is just going to attract too many cops. im talking about this scheme machan 551531_1.jpg

I saw on Cnn that harley davidson had started production in india given the trade agreements we have with them wonder if we can overrule the 350cc law and get one down legally.

much as i love to, owning a high cap right now is just going to attract too many cops. im talking about this scheme machan 551531_1.jpg

I saw on Cnn that harley davidson had started production in india given the trade agreements we have with them wonder if we can overrule the 350cc law and get one down legally.

well the part about the cops is actually upto the person who rides the bike machan. if u ride it calmly on the road u wont have any trouble with them other than the occasional stop & when they ask u what the engine capacity is just grin & say "Ralahamy meka 250 ekak" it worked for me haha i rode my bike to work to bambalapitiya daily for four years never had a single issue till this date

well the part about the cops is actually upto the person who rides the bike machan. if u ride it calmly on the road u wont have any trouble with them other than the occasional stop & when they ask u what the engine capacity is just grin & say "Ralahamy meka 250 ekak" it worked for me haha i rode my bike to work to bambalapitiya daily for four years never had a single issue till this date

+1

I've been riding HC bikes since I was thirteen,and been a owner for the past seven years,never had any trouble from the cops(though admittedly I've ridden only a couple of times around colombo).I find the people complaining about the over capacity law are just looking for an excuse.All I say is if you don't want to risk getting caught on public roads,then save it for track days as some guys do.

+1

I've been riding HC bikes since I was thirteen,and been a owner for the past seven years,never had any trouble from the cops(though admittedly I've ridden only a couple of times around colombo).I find the people complaining about the over capacity law are just looking for an excuse.All I say is if you don't want to risk getting caught on public roads,then save it for track days as some guys do.

true to a certain extent. but given the amount of cops i see on the roads lately and already been pulled up on 4 wheels chances are too high for trouble. Restricting a HC bike to the track would be a waste in my opinion its no doubt fun but my personal preference would be open roads and regular commuting.

Minor misunderstanding of the rule. :)

Actually, I have never seen one of these in person. The oval piston thing left a lasing impression on me.

1974 CB125 :grinning-smiley-003:

Yeah the oval piston tech was one of those unique stuff that honda brought out with the NR500 & 750.

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody, I stumbled across this post while going through the forum. I use to ride cruisers, i love them. And next thing i like in motorcycles are the enduros. I had these bikes with me.

Honda CM125T Custom

Bajaj Avenger 180cc

Yamaha Virago 250cc

Yamaha Virago 400cc

Honda XL125R

Honda XL250R

Yamaha TTR250

Currently owned and using

Honda XL250R (non RFVC)

All of these were great bikes. But my personal opinion is, best motorcycle for sri lankan roads and conditions are the Enduro/Offroad stuff. because for first few KM the road is good and after that normally road turns to off-road.

Currently owned and using

Honda XL250R (non RFVC)

All of these were great bikes. But my personal opinion is, best motorcycle for sri lankan roads and conditions are the Enduro/Offroad stuff. because for first few KM the road is good and after that normally road turns to off-road.

ah...the good ol 250r... twin carb one yeah... i loved that bike. tons of torque and nice old school design. Kick starting in rain, muddy situs is the only bitch :)

i currently own an XR250 and an MTX200R...

Currently riding an '09 Suzuki GS500...simple technology...reminds me of my '60s British bikes 'cept it dosen't leak oil everywhere and the electrics have nothing to do with Lucas....did a 600k ride a week back and I'm still grinning about the fun I had.....

• 2 weeks later...

my favorite is the SUZUKI DRZ 400SM

I dont know why but i love riding a DRZ compared to a CBR 6 or something of that sort

maybe its because our roads cant cope with those HC bikes .

Had 4 DRZ's loved the 2007 440(athena big bore) Z it flies to 150KM/H

Any supermotard fans here ?

Hey guys

currently ride a Yamaha Fzs pretty good bike love the naked styling a bit pricey but probably the best in its class, rode on it colombo to polonnaruwa and back a few weeks ago. Loves corners ideal for colombo.

Im looking for a new good im thinking of the New 2011 Honda CBR 250r however altough its released in other countries stafford motors has still not decided to import it... when i spoke to the sales manager he was like "we need 3 months to decide". I know its a 250CC single cyclinder DOHC but yeat the styling is so cool looks exactly like the VFR 1200.

However in the meantime looking for 250 or 400 Hornet and then im going to get rid of that circle head lamp and replace it with 2 smaller circle head lamps with angel lights. Tell me what you think.. its going to look like a Buell.

Riden a Honda Baja 250 its an awesome bike, a harley 400cc and Spada 250.

Dream bikes - the new honda CB1000rr naked, Ducati Monster or the Motards.

i am a hardcore motorcycle guy. i believe there is nothing like riding on two wheels enjoying the open road and the beautiful sound from the engine. a car could never replace that feeling, not even a convertible in my opinion. i would love to know what type of motorcycles/scooters you guys own? what type? (standard,trail, racing, etc), if you don't have a motorcycle what kind of motorcycle you love/dream to have?

one day i wish we could see Harley's and big metric cruisers in our roads. i hate these crappy 250cc laws!

I'm also Like you.. :) Guy who believes riding on wheels is more enjoying. My dad have a 1981 Honda CM125. we still have that one.Nice one. And I currently own a Honda hornet 250 130 chassis model. Awesome bike, with superb comfortability as i believe.

Have ridden these models also.

Suszuki Bandit

CBR 250 and CBR 6

Not ridden but been top of these models also :P

GSXR k7,R1,R6,Triumph Daytona triple.. All in SL :) (What lucky guys were them.)

I'm not making this up guys!! there are BUSA's also.. :D I saw it.

Hey guys

currently ride a Yamaha Fzs pretty good bike love the naked styling a bit pricey but probably the best in its class, rode on it colombo to polonnaruwa and back a few weeks ago. Loves corners ideal for colombo.

Im looking for a new good im thinking of the New 2011 Honda CBR 250r however altough its released in other countries stafford motors has still not decided to import it... when i spoke to the sales manager he was like "we need 3 months to decide". I know its a 250CC single cyclinder DOHC but yeat the styling is so cool looks exactly like the VFR 1200.

However in the meantime looking for 250 or 400 Hornet and then im going to get rid of that circle head lamp and replace it with 2 smaller circle head lamps with angel lights. Tell me what you think.. its going to look like a Buell.

Riden a Honda Baja 250 its an awesome bike, a harley 400cc and Spada 250.

Dream bikes - the new honda CB1000rr naked, Ducati Monster or the Motards.

Well Fz's are good when compared to Indian bikes. but I recommend it only if u cant afford a Japanese one. have no much power in it and it does not give u much acceleration as u turn the throttle. some delay in it. I felt that way. but still best than bajaj's. Build quality is not good as Japanese. you can expect more frequent repairs and replacements when bike is old. Note that all CBR 250 we have is made in 1998 last. there are no 2001,2002 models in 250's as some claim. :) still they give no major repairs when u take care it well.

Hornet 250's were stopped during 2006. so you can expect a 150 chassis in 2006 (CBF250F6 is the model number) latest

2011 CBR 250 is made in thailand. They have launched it there first. It has a EFI engine still one cylinder. older CBR has much nice beat and power than new one.

my favorite is the SUZUKI DRZ 400SM

I dont know why but i love riding a DRZ compared to a CBR 6 or something of that sort

maybe its because our roads cant cope with those HC bikes .

Had 4 DRZ's loved the 2007 440(athena big bore) Z it flies to 150KM/H

Any supermotard fans here ?

have friends who own XR sm's...

we once did a 5 day run around central hills and south...

the SM's were thrashing me on tarmac :P i couldn't corner as fast with my stock XR wheels and at tyres...

luckily there were gravel roads where i got to return the favor :P

SM's give pretty decent road handling considering it's basically an offroad chasis...

but tyres can't keep up on hard terrain...

have friends who own XR sm's...

we once did a 5 day run around central hills and south...

the SM's were thrashing me on tarmac :P i couldn't corner as fast with my stock XR wheels and at tyres...

luckily there were gravel roads where i got to return the favor :P

SM's give pretty decent road handling considering it's basically an offroad chasis...

but tyres can't keep up on hard terrain...

I say the XR is a good off road bike.The Sm's are beautiful but its just not it. it feels like a toy when you ride it on tarmac compared to the D-tracker and the Best sm ive ridden the Suzuki Drz400SM,And the drz also consists of the same offroad chasis so does the D-tracker based on Klx chasis . XR are mean machines with bullet proof engines made best for offroading :).

I'm also Like you.. :) Guy who believes riding on wheels is more enjoying. My dad have a 1981 Honda CM125. we still have that one.Nice one. And I currently own a Honda hornet 250 130 chassis model. Awesome bike, with superb comfortability as i believe.

Have ridden these models also.

Suszuki Bandit

CBR 250 and CBR 6

Not ridden but been top of these models also :P

GSXR k7,R1,R6,Triumph Daytona triple.. All in SL :) (What lucky guys were them.)

I'm not making this up guys!! there are BUSA's also.. :D I saw it.

These are pics of The Ducati 999 And the MV augusta in srilanka the cbr 1K was shipped abroad .And the daytona also came with this lost ,FYI-This was at the yard once the bikes were back in one piece and personal photos ,Not taken from sites :D

post-46008-005358900 1301482786_thumb.jp

post-46008-082400700 1301482836_thumb.jp