• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Your Favorite Motorcycle?

blkr6

i don't have a kicker machang so can't risk it with a chinese battery. and yeah...i too used the yuasa for a couple of years without any issues. in fact until very recently the battery was able to start up the bike. i kept it hooked to a float charger on and off... but finally it had died off and wont hold charge no more.

the exact route is not planned yet machang

but it's roughly following the west coastal belt up north to pooneryn, jaffna and then coming down on the east coast to trinco, batti, and then finally cutting across over the hills back to colombo.

long long ride so going through the bike mechanicals with a fine tooth comb :D

want to take the camera but still weighing the risk factors :( except for one chap in our entourage, the rest of us have all gone down at least once in every trip...

wow dat sounds like a great trip...have fun...about taking the camera....unless u guys r taking a back up vehicle it might be too risky...i had a friend who used to ride to work with his laptop on his back up everyday...one day he took a fall & busted the thing...also machan get u r carbs & electrical s checked as u r going on a long run

wow dat sounds like a great trip...have fun...about taking the camera....unless u guys r taking a back up vehicle it might be too risky...i had a friend who used to ride to work with his laptop on his back up everyday...one day he took a fall & busted the thing...also machan get u r carbs & electrical s checked as u r going on a long run

Aney mage chooti putha, check your PM... :)

there's always VVTI's camera then :P

yeah machang...except for the engine...most bits have come off the bike. re-set the sag on the shocks, carb is in pieces and need to get a new gasket for that, pipes are out, tank is out... i'm doing a full run over of everything...

most probably if i can get all the bits today...tomorrow or day after...she will be ready :)

and we always take extra tube, sparks, air pump, levers, cables, tie wraps, nuts etc etc etc...

since all bikes are XR's everything is interchangeable :)

there's always VVTI's camera then :P

yeah machang...except for the engine...most bits have come off the bike. re-set the sag on the shocks, carb is in pieces and need to get a new gasket for that, pipes are out, tank is out... i'm doing a full run over of everything...

most probably if i can get all the bits today...tomorrow or day after...she will be ready :)

and we always take extra tube, sparks, air pump, levers, cables, tie wraps, nuts etc etc etc...

since all bikes are XR's everything is interchangeable :)

sounds like u got it all under control mate...i guess u cant be too sure when u r going on a trip which almost like an endurance rally :)also its great that u guys r taking extra spares. its will save u guys alot of hassell.

haha VVTI has a camera too...cool... im sure he would love to give it to u :)

Well since you asked, I did google, and this was on the first page of results

http://www.autolanka...sa/page__st__20

and this

and this

Bike is great but the riding gear is very primitive compare to the bikes, I do not know how they imported them, registered and ride on the road if SL have 250cc limit

How can they import and ride if they are over 250cc?

well legally you can't...but there are quite a few large displacement bikes.

I'd say quite a few 400's running about

and on riding gear

that guys was just attending a bike show in a school mate!

i don't see why he should be in proper riding gear...

If he could afford a busa in SL..i don't see why he can't get a proper riding suit.

and he is not on primitive riding gear as you say...just t'shirt and jeans

yeah bought a sealed battery from them on saturday...3.8k it was... a lot cheaper than the yuasa i had before...

this was a global battery though it 6 months warranty..

i called up nikko chaps for sprockets and chain and they said it was about 6500...

gotta pop in there tomorrow to get the stuff before the holidays...

prepping my bike up ahead of a 5-day trip :D

hey Ripper good to here you found all the stuff you needed.Nikko motors does have most of the stuff and the batteries well i buy alot of batteries,Most of them are malaysian and bla bla bla . You can get for cheaper at a place in panchikawattha seal battery between 2950 and 3200.last time i bought YTX7LB batteries each costing 2960Rs . with 5 months warranty as i recall

Edited by Shehan_WCC

If you can ride a cbr then go for one

Only problem is make sure you can control it and don't try to speed untill you get the hang of it

most of my dumb friends either injured others or ended up in the hospital. Because most teens get the Cbr even if they can ride or not just for show '.

Anyways buddy A cbr below 200k will be a cbr hurricane or so which is pretty old as for today.Most of the hurricanes in our country are now fading away because of carb problems,monoshocks and so on ,so if you are buying one find a good one and go for it ,or just for the sake of it buy something else most efficient bikes and good to ride would be bikes like the honda xr,kawi klx and so on but they don't look fancy as a cbr and a yamaha fz isn't bad for a starter :) .Just my opinion

I was looking to buy an FZ only :P Got a little carried away by people suggesting i buy a CBR and the 'Cool factor' of the CBR's i guess :rolleyes:

So CBR's have a lot of problems? Also isnt a CBR worth compared to an FZ when they both at the same price point of 200,000? According to me its seems like a better buy?

Well a cbr is a million times better than an indian FZ 16 only if it was brandnew.

And im 100% sure youll enjoy riding the FZ in the traffic and stuff and youll like the bike for couple of months atleast. The cbr most just get fed up cos its not that comfy to ride with,hard to ride on traffic .Most of my friends sell there cbrs and get a pulsar or supermotard or Trail .

i am a hardcore motorcycle guy. i believe there is nothing like riding on two wheels enjoying the open road and the beautiful sound from the engine. a car could never replace that feeling, not even a convertible in my opinion. i would love to know what type of motorcycles/scooters you guys own? what type? (standard,trail, racing, etc), if you don't have a motorcycle what kind of motorcycle you love/dream to have?

one day i wish we could see Harley's and big metric cruisers in our roads. i hate these crappy 250cc laws!

I'm not a Hardcore Motorbike guy but do love riding.

I have a Toyota Corolla 121 & a Toyota Corolla Axio too but none of them can match my Honda Hornet 250.

Driving for me is just moving from 1 place to another but riding is one awesome experience man.

I bought it under severe criticism from my mother & yet I took that risk.

Today I simply love riding it. One day I wanna own a CBR too.

Riding Japanese Bikes are exciting but riding Indian bikes are like shit.

I have even seen Indian bike dudes switching on their headlights to be like the japanese ones.

But a real rider knows the difference of a Japanese or even European bike when compared to the fairy tale dream of indian bikers.

Anyway any indian bike is not funky because it has a saree guard. :P

So if you wanna expreience real riding pleasure, ride a Japanese, American (Which may not be possible in SL) or European & not Indian or chinese.

Nice to see some Bike lovers & Biker dudes in Autolanka. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Shami if we are talking about the same Daytona 675 its in Colombo....

Where in Colombo? To the best of my knowledge its owned by a guy in Kandy.

Also, The Ducati 1198 we talked about, has a new owner, since of late. I guess u would've got that info by now, since the previous owner is yr friend ;)

Edited by shamitz

Where in Colombo? To the best of my knowledge its owned by a guy in Kandy.

Also, The Ducati 1198 we talked about, has a new owner, since of late. I guess u would've got that info by now, since the previous owner is yr friend ;)

Triumph is with a certain bike mechanic in dehiwala u know him well shami...its owned by a person who works abroad....i couldnt talk to da owner of da Ducati lately he went back to UK...last i checked it was with another friend of ours in Dehiwala...another person u know well too who works at panchikawathe :alc:

Edited by Chooti Putha

I'm not a Hardcore Motorbike guy but do love riding.

I have a Toyota Corolla 121 & a Toyota Corolla Axio too but none of them can match my Honda Hornet 250.

Driving for me is just moving from 1 place to another but riding is one awesome experience man.

I bought it under severe criticism from my mother & yet I took that risk.

Today I simply love riding it. One day I wanna own a CBR too.

Riding Japanese Bikes are exciting but riding Indian bikes are like shit.

I have even seen Indian bike dudes switching on their headlights to be like the japanese ones.

But a real rider knows the difference of a Japanese or even European bike when compared to the fairy tale dream of indian bikers.

Anyway any indian bike is not funky because it has a saree guard. :P

So if you wanna expreience real riding pleasure, ride a Japanese, American (Which may not be possible in SL) or European & not Indian or chinese.

Nice to see some Bike lovers & Biker dudes in Autolanka. :rolleyes:

yesterday i was watching a programme on the greatest ever bikes......and the honda supercub was ranked the greatest ever bike....they demonstrated it by adding vegetable oil into the system and riding it. :action-smiley-060:

Edited by rameez

• 6 months later...