• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K&n Air Filter(Honda)

prasa

Hi Guys....

Does any one know where can I buy K&N air filter from Colombo Area..

apart from Ebay.. they only shipped to USA (the Honda ones available right now.)

and Price of a K&N air filter -Honda ES08

thanks and regards

Prasa..

why do you want to change the original set up and go for this? :blink:

try M*torcade. i hope im not violating forum rules. modz if this is categorized as advertising please delete it.

Thanks Machan.....

Where is this place machan... never heard of it..:(:(

any contact number?

Edited by prasa

Thanks Machan.....

Where is this place machan... never heard of it..:(:(

any contact number?

bro,

It's in Union place. If you're coming from Salaka side, Turn to you left just after after you pass Hilton & drive straight for about 200 meters.

Also I think some suppliers in eBay will be shipping to SL. I got pair of bulbs for my honda from eBay but don't have any experience with air filters. Have a look around.

cheers!

bro,

It's in Union place. If you're coming from Salaka side, Turn to you left just after after you pass Hilton & drive straight for about 200 meters.

Also I think some suppliers in eBay will be shipping to SL. I got pair of bulbs for my honda from eBay but don't have any experience with air filters. Have a look around.

cheers!

Thanks Bro..

bro,

cheers!

Thanks Bro..

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Doesn't m0torcade stock them? And did you get the oil spray bottle? As in the oil aerosol? How does that ship to sri Lanka if so? Because afaik pressurized aerosols can't be airlifted due to risk of explosion.

Not really.K&N sent me a recharger kit along with their filters which included a pressurized spray can.DHL delivered it in 4 days no problem.The package was inspected by customs too.

Dude u really have to get out of facebook world and use that age old device called telephone.

It was 8.00pm. I didn't wanted to call them at that time. Just send the PM to see if they gonna reply or not. And you not jump in to quick judgements.

Sent Mot^cade a FB message asking if they have the product. Will see.

I wouldn't hold my breath about them replying to the FB message.. Best thing to do is make a call, they are rather old fashioned in the way they go about things.

I was busy at work today and just went online. There was a message from Motor cade, saying it's out of stock but if I visit they'll do a free cleaning using the kit they already have at their place.

I wouldn't hold my breath about them replying to the FB message.. Best thing to do is make a call, they are rather old fashioned in the way they go about things.

• 3 months later...
I was busy at work today and just went online. There was a message from Motor cade, saying it's out of stock but if I visit they'll do a free cleaning using the kit they already have at their place.

Sorry for pulling up this old thread as this will be the only way I can clarify this question which was pondering in my mind for some time.

MkX, since you have been using a filter for sometime, can you kindly enlighten me on the durability & performance of the K&N Filter when compared to the genuine filters? I'm thinking of getting down a K&N Air Filter for my Honda Insight.

Many use cold air intakes to increase the performance but i'm not sure its DIY job. Long story short - car dealerships don't fix cold air intakes any more saying that in some cases this cause to give check engine light. Check below article about check engine light, notice that it says 'A properly installed K&N product should not cause the Service Light to illuminate.'. So if you plan to use it better to be installed by a good technician. Also be the same when it comes to cleaning it.

Link - http://www.knfilters.com/check_engine_light.htm

Edited by kmeeg